Bus boost for Caister
A Caister bus service will be extended from next month operator First Eastern Counties announced today.The number 4 service is changing from an off-peak to an all day timetable from Monday, April 28.
A Caister bus service will be extended from next month operator First Eastern Counties announced today.
The number 4 service is changing from an off-peak to an all day timetable from Monday, April 28.
Buses will run 7.45am to 5.45pm Monday to Saturday between the village and Market Gates Shopping Centre in Great Yarmouth.
The news follows a survey of passengers in Caister carried out by the company earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
There were fierce protests when First changed the route of the 8a service to the James Paget University Hospital, replacing it with the number 4 last May.
Rival operator Anglian Buses had also been looking at providing extra services through residential areas of the village.
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 6 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 7 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 8 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 Award-winning Halloween event returns to Great Yarmouth this half term
First spokesman Gussy Alamein said: "First Eastern Counties is continually looking at ways to improve the level of service it offers to passengers. This enhanced timetable for service 4 further highlights our commitment to making bus travel the preferred option for more people."