Buses and lorry in collision
SEVENTEEN passengers escaped unhurt when their First Eastern Counties bus was involved in a collision with a Swift bus and a lorry, in Great Yarmouth.The accident happened at the junction of St Nicholas' Road and Priory Plain at 11am today.
SEVENTEEN passengers escaped unhurt when their First Eastern Counties bus was involved in a collision with a Swift bus and a lorry, in Great Yarmouth.
The accident happened at the junction of St Nicholas' Road and Priory Plain at 11am today.
There were three passengers on the Swift coach who also escaped injury.
The damage to the coach was a dented left wing and rear area.
You may also want to watch:
The lorry had a dented right wing and the driver's side window was smashed and the 7A service First bus' driver's side windscreen was smashed - later removed by First mechanics called to the scene.
First Buses operations manager for Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft, Bob Ricchiardi, said: “Thankfully incidents like this are extremely rare. The driver will not be available for comment but we will be launching an internal investigation, independent of any police action.”
- 1 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 2 Missing man from Gorleston found
- 3 Yarmouth police officer admits seven child porn offences
- 4 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 5 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 6 Weekly fireworks making 'spectacular' return to seafront
- 7 TV presenter Stephen Mulhern spotted filming pop-up game show in Yarmouth
- 8 Appeal to find missing man from Gorleston
- 9 Bid for grocery store in end-of-terrace house
- 10 Drone images show devastation caused by holiday centre fire
Traffic hold-ups was minimal and both St Nicholas' Road and Priory Plain remained open.