Supply company celebrates 50th anniversary and looks forward to maximising Great Yarmouth opportunities
- Credit: Archant
A leading global supply base operator with a significant presence in Great Yarmouth is celebrating its milestone 50th anniversary.
Asco was founded in the North East of Scotland in the 1960s, and its Great Yarmouth base was established in 1984 with a two-berth facility and a team of four.
More than three decades later, the company now operates an eight-berth hub and employs some 116 personnel, a number which has indeed grown during the last two quarters.
Commanding some 85pc of the market, the company has punctuated its landmark year with significant announcements locally, including the award of £50m of contracts in the Southern North Sea (SNS).
The work involves a mixture of new business and renewed contracts, ranging from one to five years in duration and represents the culmination of extensive negotiations and tenders in a competitive environment.
You may also want to watch:
It is anticipated that the recent wins, coupled with investment in shore-side infrastructure for ship-to-shore waste transfers and tailored storage packages for handling liquid products will provide a springboard towards securing additional business.
The efforts to work in collaboration with clients to deliver bespoke, high quality services was recently recognised with the award of the East of England Energy Group’s (EEEGR) 2017 Award for the SNS Rejuvenation Special Interest Group (SIG) – Collaboration Award.
- 1 From rock n roll to full throttle - Norfolk woman joins motor sport
- 2 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 3 Police sniffer dogs join search for missing woman
- 4 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 5 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 6 Forensic officers back as hunt for missing Patricia Holland in fifth day
- 7 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 8 Man seriously injured after crash on A149
- 9 Family ‘desperately worried’ for grandmother missing for five days
- 10 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
ASCO won the award for an innovative solution that has been successfully developed for two UK oil and gas companies operating out of East Anglia.
The solution, that fully embraces the Oil & Gas Authority’s (OGA) strategy to maximise collaboration opportunities, involves the provision of a ‘shared’ warehousing facility to simultaneously support two offshore operations out of Great Yarmouth.
Looking ahead to what lies in store for ASCO in and around Great Yarmouth, Regional Director UK SNS, ASCO UK Glenn Hurren said: “The next phase of our evolution here in Great Yarmouth is maximising opportunities across our skills set. Quayside work is finite and based on operators working offshore but there is a big opportunity for us in the waste sector, especially in renewables and nuclear markets.
With Enviroco now trading as ASCO Waste this is a significant focus for us – the inland waste market includes many opportunities and ASCO is ready to capitalise on these as it looks forward to the next chapter.”