Award means guest house will stand out
A GREAT Yarmouth guest house has become the second visitor accommodation in the town to receive a prestigious five stars from the AA.
Staff at 3 Norfolk Square, in Albemarle Road, received the highest marks, the first awarded to a Yarmouth guest house by the AA, after inspectors from the motoring and travel organisation judged the property in December.
Keith Phillips, 62, who owns the business with wife Elsa, 52, said: “It is an important award because it makes you stand out from the crowd.
“The reviews are the thing that make a lot of people decide where they are going to go and our reviews have been outstanding.”
The AA grades hotels, guest houses and self-catering accommodation using a stars system from one to five.
You may also want to watch:
To achieve the highest grade, the accommodation has to be luxurious with a range of extra facilities and a multi-lingual service available.
Guests are greeted at the hotel entrance and there is a menu and wine list.
- 1 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 2 New Sports Direct in town's former M&S set for summer opening
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 "We're looking to move soon" - Neighbours' anger over derelict building fires
- 5 New dessert restaurant opens in Great Yarmouth
- 6 The challenges of May 17 re-opening - including keeping people sat down
- 7 Norfolk ban for three men who stole cash from Yarmouth fruit machines
- 8 Woman shares horror after pet cat Dave is mutilated by elastic band
- 9 "I love it here" - No surprise at village's Rightmove popularity
- 10 Cafe opens at expanded farm shop that boomed during lockdown
Mr Phillips, who used to live near Doncaster, took over the running of the guest house in November 2008 when the property boasted 14 family-orientated rooms.
However, since then, he has transformed the premises into an eight-room adults-only business with suites comprising a separate lounge, bedroom and bathroom.
Andover House in Camperdown also has five stars in the restaurant with rooms category.