What is Great Yarmouth’s most beautiful shop?
- Credit: Archant
Businesses with eye-catching displays have been shortlisted for awards in Great Yarmouth.
A group of Civic Society members has been judging the fronts of shops, cafes and restaurants as well as stalls on the six-day market.
They have settled on a shortlist of finalists in four categories.
An awards ceremony will be held in the Town Hall on Tuesday, May 28, when trophies will be presented to the winners.
Hugh Sturzaker, chair of the Civic Society, said: "Judging has not been easy with over 400 premises to judge as well as the six day market stalls.
You may also want to watch:
"However, we are keen to reward those places which take pride in their business and hope that this will encourage others to smarten up the appearance of their premises and the area in front of them," he said.
The awards are sponsored by the Town Centre Partnership, Great Yarmouth Borough Council, TMS Media, SPP digital, ATEC Design and Imaging and Dr Ajay Kumar.
- 1 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 2 Our verdict on the new Giant Wheel on Great Yarmouth seafront
- 3 Plea to find family of 38-year-old Great Yarmouth man
- 4 The Last Post - knitted tribute to Prince Philip pops up in village
- 5 Lockdown easing brings joy, smiles and hope on Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 6 Landmark seaside hotel serves 100 by midday as lockdown eases
- 7 Cosmetic clinic's waiting list grows as clients want pre-lockdown looks
- 8 Eight pints pulled in first three minutes as pub's 'happy hour' returns
- 9 Two men jailed for stealing 'laughing gas' from hospital
- 10 Public toilets in Hemsby reopen after £23,000 revamp
The finalists are:
- The Barber Shoppe, Victoria Arcade
- Touch Fitting, Tailors, Victoria Arcade
- Natural Health Centre, Victoria Arcade
- Gentlemen's Headquarters, Hair Dresser, Regent Street
- Fernanda Lopes, Hairdresser, King Street
- Lloyds Bank, King Street
- Nationwide, building society, King Street
- Larkes Estate Agency, Hall Quay
Food and drink
- The Troll Cart, Bus Station
- Friends Bistro, Deneside
- Domino's, King Street
- The Feathers, Market Gate Road
- Starbucks, Market Gates
- New FLK, Northgate Street
- PJs, fish and chips, Northgate Street
- Revive Pre Loved Fashion, Victoria Arcade
- Patio das Cantigas, 136 King Street
- Great Little Flower Shop, Market Gates
- Pandora, 7 Market Gates
- Warren James, Jeweller, 10a Market Gates
- F. Hindes Ltd, Jeweller, 10b Market Gates
- Eye Candy, Fashion, 14 Market Gates
- Debenhams, 19 Market Gates
- IJustWannaCandy, 21 Market Gates
- EE, Mobile Phones, 27 Market Gates
- Yours, Fashion, Market Place
Six Day Market
- Market Chips
- Carr's Chips
- Nichols Wet Fish
- Jack Flower Stall
- Simon's Fish