Car showroom planned for historic leisure resort
- Credit: James Bass
A historic leisure resort has submitted plans to build a car showroom on its site.
Browston Hall near Belton wants to convert its former indoor bowls green into a "classic" car sales showroom according to documents submitted to Great Yarmouth Borough Council.
A spokesman for Browston Hall confirmed the plans but said proposals were at an early stage and the showroom would not be completed for another 12 to 18 months.
The bowls club at Browston Hall closed 18 months ago but the 23-acre site still offers guests a range of sporting activities including golf and tennis.
The hall itself is a Grade II listed house and provides restaurant facilities and residential accommodation.
You may also want to watch:
The complex is open year-round and hosts events including weddings and private functions.
A decision on the plans is expected to be made in July.
For more information on Browston Hall's offering visit its website.
- 1 Police searching for Patricia Holland believe her to be dead
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Shop to reopen after fire which caused 'significant' damage
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 7 Family ‘desperately worried’ for grandmother missing for five days
- 8 Man seriously injured after crash on A149
- 9 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 10 Yarmouth's Sophie McKinna Olympic medal chase starts tomorrow