Car showroom planned for historic leisure resort
- Credit: James Bass
A historic leisure resort has submitted plans to build a car showroom on its site.
Browston Hall near Belton wants to convert its former indoor bowls green into a "classic" car sales showroom according to documents submitted to Great Yarmouth Borough Council.
A spokesman for Browston Hall confirmed the plans but said proposals were at an early stage and the showroom would not be completed for another 12 to 18 months.
The bowls club at Browston Hall closed 18 months ago but the 23-acre site still offers guests a range of sporting activities including golf and tennis.
The hall itself is a Grade II listed house and provides restaurant facilities and residential accommodation.
You may also want to watch:
The complex is open year-round and hosts events including weddings and private functions.
A decision on the plans is expected to be made in July.
For more information on Browston Hall's offering visit its website.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 4 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 5 Myleene Klass reveals heartbreak of miscarriage while on live radio
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow