Car showroom planned for historic leisure resort
- Credit: James Bass
A historic leisure resort has submitted plans to build a car showroom on its site.
Browston Hall near Belton wants to convert its former indoor bowls green into a "classic" car sales showroom according to documents submitted to Great Yarmouth Borough Council.
A spokesman for Browston Hall confirmed the plans but said proposals were at an early stage and the showroom would not be completed for another 12 to 18 months.
The bowls club at Browston Hall closed 18 months ago but the 23-acre site still offers guests a range of sporting activities including golf and tennis.
The hall itself is a Grade II listed house and provides restaurant facilities and residential accommodation.
You may also want to watch:
The complex is open year-round and hosts events including weddings and private functions.
A decision on the plans is expected to be made in July.
For more information on Browston Hall's offering visit its website.
- 1 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 2 Airport-style security coming to seafront club amid spiking fears
- 3 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 4 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water
- 5 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 6 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 7 Where sewage is being emptied in rivers and waters around Yarmouth
- 8 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 9 Mother and daughter celebrate multi-generation graduation
- 10 Driver fined for drifting off road and hitting fence