Car showroom planned for historic leisure resort
- Credit: James Bass
A historic leisure resort has submitted plans to build a car showroom on its site.
Browston Hall near Belton wants to convert its former indoor bowls green into a "classic" car sales showroom according to documents submitted to Great Yarmouth Borough Council.
A spokesman for Browston Hall confirmed the plans but said proposals were at an early stage and the showroom would not be completed for another 12 to 18 months.
The bowls club at Browston Hall closed 18 months ago but the 23-acre site still offers guests a range of sporting activities including golf and tennis.
The hall itself is a Grade II listed house and provides restaurant facilities and residential accommodation.
You may also want to watch:
The complex is open year-round and hosts events including weddings and private functions.
A decision on the plans is expected to be made in July.
For more information on Browston Hall's offering visit its website.
- 1 Toddler found in car not wearing seatbelt and driver had no licence
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 E-scooter riders clock up 10,000 miles in over two weeks
- 4 Police cracking down on anti-social motorbike riders
- 5 Man died after knife fight with housemate
- 6 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 7 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 8 'What's not to like?' - Waiting list for beach huts as owners return
- 9 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 10 Local pub splashes back into action