Business chance for Tour of Britain
BUSINESSES are being encouraged to create a carnival spirit for the Tour of Britain's arrival, with a chance to win �1000 for doing so.Looking to build as much of a colourful race day scene on Norfolk's streets as possible, the County Council has produced a business pack for companies and organisations that want to show their support for the September 16 cycle race.
BUSINESSES are being encouraged to create a carnival spirit for the Tour of Britain's arrival, with a chance to win �1000 for doing so.
Looking to build as much of a colourful race day scene on Norfolk's streets as possible, the County Council has produced a business pack for companies and organisations that want to show their support for the September 16 cycle race.
The pack comes complete with colourful posters, images of the Tour, and nine metres worth of blue, red and white bunting.
And whether decorating a shop window, front of premise, reception, or even the car park, the council will reward one business with �1000 and a VIP race day experience for making their premise look the most eye catching.
You may also want to watch:
A judging panel will then pick the top five, before visiting them on Monday, September 13 to decide who wins the �1000.
Derrick Murphy, Norfolk County Council's cabinet member for cultural services, said:
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 3 Man seriously injured after crash on A149
- 4 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 5 Family ‘desperately worried’ for grandmother missing for five days
- 6 Forensic officers back as hunt for missing Patricia Holland in fifth day
- 7 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 From rock n roll to full throttle - Norfolk woman joins motor sport
- 10 Police sniffer dogs join search for missing woman
"We estimate that by hosting the Tour of Britain in Norfolk we will bring around �1.5 million into our local economy, through tourism revenue and knock-on spend to a number of related trades.
"It really presents a huge opportunity for many of our businesses, as on race day we hope to draw at least 70,000 people to the roadside and out and about in locations along the route - with many places planning activities to keep the crowd entertained for most of the day.
The winning business will also win a VIP experience at the start in King's Lynn.
The business chosen as the runner-up will receive a VIP experience at the end of the race in Great Yarmouth.
Those interested can call 01603 224471 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get a business pack posted out to them and then get to work with the decorating.
Once completed, the business simply has to submit a photo to email@example.com or post it to Communications Unit, Room 520, Norfolk County Council, Martineau Lane, Norwich, NR1 2DH by close of play on Thursday September 9.