Business chance for Tour of Britain
BUSINESSES are being encouraged to create a carnival spirit for the Tour of Britain's arrival, with a chance to win �1000 for doing so.Looking to build as much of a colourful race day scene on Norfolk's streets as possible, the County Council has produced a business pack for companies and organisations that want to show their support for the September 16 cycle race.
BUSINESSES are being encouraged to create a carnival spirit for the Tour of Britain's arrival, with a chance to win �1000 for doing so.
Looking to build as much of a colourful race day scene on Norfolk's streets as possible, the County Council has produced a business pack for companies and organisations that want to show their support for the September 16 cycle race.
The pack comes complete with colourful posters, images of the Tour, and nine metres worth of blue, red and white bunting.
And whether decorating a shop window, front of premise, reception, or even the car park, the council will reward one business with �1000 and a VIP race day experience for making their premise look the most eye catching.
You may also want to watch:
A judging panel will then pick the top five, before visiting them on Monday, September 13 to decide who wins the �1000.
Derrick Murphy, Norfolk County Council's cabinet member for cultural services, said:
- 1 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 2 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 3 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 4 Retired teacher took his own life ahead of abuse court case, inquest hears
- 5 Town centre post office closed as staff self-isolate
- 6 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 7 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 8 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 9 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 10 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
"We estimate that by hosting the Tour of Britain in Norfolk we will bring around �1.5 million into our local economy, through tourism revenue and knock-on spend to a number of related trades.
"It really presents a huge opportunity for many of our businesses, as on race day we hope to draw at least 70,000 people to the roadside and out and about in locations along the route - with many places planning activities to keep the crowd entertained for most of the day.
The winning business will also win a VIP experience at the start in King's Lynn.
The business chosen as the runner-up will receive a VIP experience at the end of the race in Great Yarmouth.
Those interested can call 01603 224471 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get a business pack posted out to them and then get to work with the decorating.
Once completed, the business simply has to submit a photo to email@example.com or post it to Communications Unit, Room 520, Norfolk County Council, Martineau Lane, Norwich, NR1 2DH by close of play on Thursday September 9.