Countdown to Great Yarmouth’s Spirit of Enterprise Awards
Time is running out for businesses across the Great Yarmouth area seeking the chance to raise their profile and reputation through the 2012 Spirit of Enterprise Awards.
Only a few days remain for businesses to raise their profile and reputation by getting involved in the highly prestigious awards.
The Spirit of Enterprise Awards are organised by enterpriseGY, which is supported by Great Yarmouth Borough Council to promote enterprise in the borough and support business start-up and growth.
Entries for the awards must be in by January 6 for the fifth annual awards which have rapidly grown in status over the years.
Peter Wright, from enterpriseGY and Great Yarmouth Borough Council, said: “Some businesses or entrepreneurs may still be wondering whether to take the plunge and enter. The simple answer is yes, of course.
You may also want to watch:
“The awards are designed to recognise the achievements of businesses of all shapes and sizes across all sectors. Everyone is in with a chance and taking a few minutes to enter also underlines the belief and confidence that someone has in their own business and is a major step towards giving it much greater public awareness.”
The awards culminate in a glittering, high-profile ceremony on March 16 at The Zest Rooms, Potters Leisure Resort, Hopton.
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 4 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 5 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition
- 6 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 7 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 8 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 9 'Nothing worse than shut shops': Relief in Great Yarmouth as lockdown lifts
- 10 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
The categories are:
Great Engineering/Manufacturing Business – sponsored by E-Tech Group
Investing in Young People – sponsored by Great Yarmouth College
Great Community Contribution – sponsored by A4e
Great Business Tourism Award – sponsorship opportunities still available
Great Customer Service – sponsorship opportunities still available
Great Environmental Contribution – sponsorship opportunities still available
Great New Business – sponsored by Lovewell Blake
Great New Innovative Product – sponsored by Itron
Great Employer of the Year – sponsored by Pasta Foods
Business of the Year – sponsored by PKF
The 10 Spirit of Enterprise Awards will be presented in front of approximately 200 guests including finalists, judges, sponsors, entrepreneurs and the town’s business leaders.
The awards are the only recognition of entrepreneurial success in Great Yarmouth and provide an exciting platform for business people and entrepreneurs to meet and share their thoughts on common business issues and opportunities arising in the town.
Full details and criteria for entry are on the website www.enterprisegy.co.uk/awards where entry forms can also be downloaded.
For more information contact Sally Pearson on 01493 335695 or email@example.com