Botanical garden reducing opening hours
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2015
An east Norfolk botanical garden is reducing its opening hours due to a staff shortage.
Fairhaven Woodland and Water Garden in South Walsham has announced its decision to close on Thursdays and Fridays.
The staff shortage that has prompted Fairhaven to close for these days was an issue for the attraction over the summer, and has been made worse now that students are back at school.
Fairhaven chose Thursdays and Fridays to close due as they are its quietest days, with the hope to limit disruption for visitors..
The woodland and botanical garden will remain open Saturday to Wednesday with its regular hours.
You may also want to watch:
It is taking the opportunity made by the closures to improve the site, replacing boardwalks around the woodland and water garden.
Visitors will still have to pre-book garden entry and follow the one-way routes in place. They are operating with a reduced capacity, and have outside seating only.
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 6 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 7 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 8 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 9 Award-winning Halloween event returns to Great Yarmouth this half term
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed