Holiday park company leads the way in electric vehicle charging points
- Credit: Archant
A holiday park company has installed four electric car charging points to ensure holidaymakers can get home and travel around the region in their environmentally friendly vehicles.
The chargers have been installed at Long Beach Estate and the Seadell Bar at the Beach Estate in Hemsby and The Grange Hotel and Touring Park at Ormesby on a PAYG token system.
They are available for use for anyone who needs a vehicle charging up.
Danny Day, manager at the Long Beach Estate, said the company has found main demand for the devices is coming from holidaymakers who can reliably get to Great Yarmouth but need to be sure there are charge-up facilities in the borough in order to get back home.
He added there were very few electric charging points in the region and that his company was leading the way in introducing the points.
You may also want to watch:
As well as being environmentally friendly, electric cars are cheaper to run than petrol and diesel ones.
- 1 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 2 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 3 Police searching for Patricia Holland believe her to be dead
- 4 Pleasure Beach's tropical event ready to launch - and free macs if it rains
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 7 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 8 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 9 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 10 Best friend pays tribute to missing woman, describing her as a 'lovely lady'