Holiday park company leads the way in electric vehicle charging points
- Credit: Archant
A holiday park company has installed four electric car charging points to ensure holidaymakers can get home and travel around the region in their environmentally friendly vehicles.
The chargers have been installed at Long Beach Estate and the Seadell Bar at the Beach Estate in Hemsby and The Grange Hotel and Touring Park at Ormesby on a PAYG token system.
They are available for use for anyone who needs a vehicle charging up.
Danny Day, manager at the Long Beach Estate, said the company has found main demand for the devices is coming from holidaymakers who can reliably get to Great Yarmouth but need to be sure there are charge-up facilities in the borough in order to get back home.
He added there were very few electric charging points in the region and that his company was leading the way in introducing the points.
You may also want to watch:
As well as being environmentally friendly, electric cars are cheaper to run than petrol and diesel ones.
- 1 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 2 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 3 Work on Great Yarmouth's Third River Crossing 'progressing well'
- 4 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 7 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 8 Too early? Family put up Christmas lights... in October
- 9 Picturesque path stays closed to dog owners after consultation
- 10 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony