Holiday park company leads the way in electric vehicle charging points
- Credit: Archant
A holiday park company has installed four electric car charging points to ensure holidaymakers can get home and travel around the region in their environmentally friendly vehicles.
The chargers have been installed at Long Beach Estate and the Seadell Bar at the Beach Estate in Hemsby and The Grange Hotel and Touring Park at Ormesby on a PAYG token system.
They are available for use for anyone who needs a vehicle charging up.
Danny Day, manager at the Long Beach Estate, said the company has found main demand for the devices is coming from holidaymakers who can reliably get to Great Yarmouth but need to be sure there are charge-up facilities in the borough in order to get back home.
He added there were very few electric charging points in the region and that his company was leading the way in introducing the points.
You may also want to watch:
As well as being environmentally friendly, electric cars are cheaper to run than petrol and diesel ones.
- 1 Plea to find family of 38-year-old Great Yarmouth man
- 2 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 3 Drugs factory worker who hid cash under bed must pay back £42k
- 4 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 5 'We're going to be rammed' - pubs bracing for weekend revelry
- 6 Our verdict on the new Giant Wheel on Great Yarmouth seafront
- 7 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 8 The Last Post - knitted tribute to Prince Philip pops up in village
- 9 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
- 10 Walk-in vaccine clinics cancelled following influx of bookings