Holiday park company leads the way in electric vehicle charging points
- Credit: Archant
A holiday park company has installed four electric car charging points to ensure holidaymakers can get home and travel around the region in their environmentally friendly vehicles.
The chargers have been installed at Long Beach Estate and the Seadell Bar at the Beach Estate in Hemsby and The Grange Hotel and Touring Park at Ormesby on a PAYG token system.
They are available for use for anyone who needs a vehicle charging up.
Danny Day, manager at the Long Beach Estate, said the company has found main demand for the devices is coming from holidaymakers who can reliably get to Great Yarmouth but need to be sure there are charge-up facilities in the borough in order to get back home.
He added there were very few electric charging points in the region and that his company was leading the way in introducing the points.
You may also want to watch:
As well as being environmentally friendly, electric cars are cheaper to run than petrol and diesel ones.
- 1 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 2 Mystery mural found in back street sparks hunt for artist
- 3 Fire breaks out at care home in the Broads
- 4 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 5 Bank says branch still open after 'ominous' sign appears
- 6 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 7 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 Pressure grows for fixed date for schools to re-open
- 10 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight