Yarmouth plans to celebrate local businesses
- Credit: Archant
Local businesses will be celebrated at a special event in Great Yarmouth market.
Great Yarmouth Independents' Day, the first such event in the town, will see around 20 small businesses showcase their products and services.
There will be bakeries, dog groomers, cafes, hair stylists and tailors, as well as furniture, homewares, game, toy, card, craft and sweet shops.
The aim of the event is to encourage shoppers to seek out the shops more regularly in the future.
Great Yarmouth town centre has more than 230 businesses independently run by local people.
You may also want to watch:
The Town Centre Partnership said that of £1 spent locally around 50p to 70p circulates back into the local economy.
Organised by the recently formed Great Yarmouth Independent Businesses Owners Group, with the support of the borough council and the Town Centre Partnership, the event will take place in the south market square on Wednesday (July 3) from 10am to 4pm.
- 1 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 2 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 3 Norwich City legends play football against dementia
- 4 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 5 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 6 Covid on the coast: Record high for July but case numbers dipping
- 7 Pleasure Beach's tropical event ready to launch - and free macs if it rains
- 8 Man appears in court charged with murder of Gorleston woman
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open