£2 pints and hot buffet! Pub to host leaving party ahead of closure
- Credit: Archant
A town centre pub is set to slash its prices as it hosts a leaving party ahead of its closure this weekend.
The Gallon Pot in Great Yarmouth will shut just more than a year after it underwent a £20,000 refurbishment.
Despite boasting a revamped kitchen and new games room, partner of the owner of the pub, Kirk Armstrong, said it was struggling to compete against other pubs in the area.
A Facebook post on the pub's page said: "We would like to announce that we are sadly closing our doors this weekend.
"We want to thank all our customers for your support during our time here."
The pub on the Market Place will host a leaving party from 6pm on Friday where pints of beer and cider will be £2, with spirits available from £2.50.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a hot buffet and karaoke for customers to enjoy on its final night of service.
- 1 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 2 New Sports Direct in town's former M&S set for summer opening
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 "We're looking to move soon" - Neighbours' anger over derelict building fires
- 5 New dessert restaurant opens in Great Yarmouth
- 6 The challenges of May 17 re-opening - including keeping people sat down
- 7 Norfolk ban for three men who stole cash from Yarmouth fruit machines
- 8 Woman shares horror after pet cat Dave is mutilated by elastic band
- 9 "I love it here" - No surprise at village's Rightmove popularity
- 10 Cafe opens at expanded farm shop that boomed during lockdown