£2 pints and hot buffet! Pub to host leaving party ahead of closure
- Credit: Archant
A town centre pub is set to slash its prices as it hosts a leaving party ahead of its closure this weekend.
The Gallon Pot in Great Yarmouth will shut just more than a year after it underwent a £20,000 refurbishment.
Despite boasting a revamped kitchen and new games room, partner of the owner of the pub, Kirk Armstrong, said it was struggling to compete against other pubs in the area.
A Facebook post on the pub's page said: "We would like to announce that we are sadly closing our doors this weekend.
"We want to thank all our customers for your support during our time here."
The pub on the Market Place will host a leaving party from 6pm on Friday where pints of beer and cider will be £2, with spirits available from £2.50.
There will also be a hot buffet and karaoke for customers to enjoy on its final night of service.
- 1 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 2 Taxi driver hopes to be named Miss Voluptuous UK
- 3 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
- 4 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 5 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 6 Man charged in connection with coastal village burglaries
- 7 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 8 New performing arts studio is something to sing about for Gabriella, 21
- 9 Lovely jubbly! Only Fools and Horses tribute show heads to town
- 10 Pregnancy loss charity opens Great Yarmouth support hub