£2 pints and hot buffet! Pub to host leaving party ahead of closure
- Credit: Archant
A town centre pub is set to slash its prices as it hosts a leaving party ahead of its closure this weekend.
The Gallon Pot in Great Yarmouth will shut just more than a year after it underwent a £20,000 refurbishment.
Despite boasting a revamped kitchen and new games room, partner of the owner of the pub, Kirk Armstrong, said it was struggling to compete against other pubs in the area.
A Facebook post on the pub's page said: "We would like to announce that we are sadly closing our doors this weekend.
"We want to thank all our customers for your support during our time here."
The pub on the Market Place will host a leaving party from 6pm on Friday where pints of beer and cider will be £2, with spirits available from £2.50.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a hot buffet and karaoke for customers to enjoy on its final night of service.
- 1 New twist in Star Hotel saga as it changes hands for just £1,000
- 2 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 3 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 4 National newspaper names Great Yarmouth as a top autumn destination
- 5 Christmas markets 'spread out across the borough'
- 6 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 7 See inside new homes taking shape at former Pontins holiday park
- 8 Mother's shock at son's inquest over lack of mental health improvements
- 9 Bid for shop in end-of-terrace house refused
- 10 65,000 attend Out There Festival