£2 pints and hot buffet! Pub to host leaving party ahead of closure
- Credit: Archant
A town centre pub is set to slash its prices as it hosts a leaving party ahead of its closure this weekend.
The Gallon Pot in Great Yarmouth will shut just more than a year after it underwent a £20,000 refurbishment.
Despite boasting a revamped kitchen and new games room, partner of the owner of the pub, Kirk Armstrong, said it was struggling to compete against other pubs in the area.
A Facebook post on the pub's page said: "We would like to announce that we are sadly closing our doors this weekend.
"We want to thank all our customers for your support during our time here."
The pub on the Market Place will host a leaving party from 6pm on Friday where pints of beer and cider will be £2, with spirits available from £2.50.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a hot buffet and karaoke for customers to enjoy on its final night of service.
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 4 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 5 'Nothing worse than shut shops': Relief in Great Yarmouth as lockdown lifts
- 6 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 7 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 8 Cash and jewellery stolen in Gorleston burglary
- 9 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 10 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition