£2 pints and hot buffet! Pub to host leaving party ahead of closure
- Credit: Archant
A town centre pub is set to slash its prices as it hosts a leaving party ahead of its closure this weekend.
The Gallon Pot in Great Yarmouth will shut just more than a year after it underwent a £20,000 refurbishment.
Despite boasting a revamped kitchen and new games room, partner of the owner of the pub, Kirk Armstrong, said it was struggling to compete against other pubs in the area.
A Facebook post on the pub's page said: "We would like to announce that we are sadly closing our doors this weekend.
"We want to thank all our customers for your support during our time here."
The pub on the Market Place will host a leaving party from 6pm on Friday where pints of beer and cider will be £2, with spirits available from £2.50.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a hot buffet and karaoke for customers to enjoy on its final night of service.
- 1 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 2 Mystery mural found in back street sparks hunt for artist
- 3 Fire breaks out at care home in the Broads
- 4 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 5 Bank says branch still open after 'ominous' sign appears
- 6 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 7 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 Pressure grows for fixed date for schools to re-open
- 10 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight