Cliff Hotel in Gorleston wins bid to build 12 new guest rooms
- Credit: Archant
A seaside hotel will be adding 12 news rooms after Great Yarmouth Borough Council’s development control committee approved the planning bid.
The Cliff Hotel on Gorleston’s Cliff Hill will see the number of guest rooms it has increase from 37 to 49, with the creation of eight parking spaces as well.
It will mean another floor will be added to the west side of the building.
The planning meeting, which was held on Wednesday night, heard 10 neighbours had sent in letters of objection to the extension scheme, with concerns raised over parking, noise and ‘the outlook’ of the building.
Councillors heard the Highways department had not raised any objections to the extension and the revised plan fitted in with the borough council’s objectives on boosting and supporting tourism and were not adverse to the conservation area the hotel is in.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Trevor Wainwright said: “It is very difficult for us to turn it down.”
- 1 Toddler found in car not wearing seatbelt and driver had no licence
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 E-scooter riders clock up 10,000 miles in over two weeks
- 4 Police cracking down on anti-social motorbike riders
- 5 Man died after knife fight with housemate
- 6 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 7 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 8 'What's not to like?' - Waiting list for beach huts as owners return
- 9 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 10 Local pub splashes back into action