Gorleston’s Debbie Bishop wins community advocate of the year at Central England Co-operative awards
- Credit: Archant
Central England Co-operative has celebrated its highest performing colleagues at its Leading Brilliance Awards.
The award for Community Advocate of the Year was Debbie Bishop, funeral administrator from its Gorleston funeral home.
She said: “I am thrilled to bits to have won this award, and that my efforts in the community are being recognised at such a level.
Central England Co-operative is a community business and we try to make sure we do as much as we can for the community. I can’t believe I won.”
Martyn Cheatle, CEO of Central England Co-operative, said: “Our Leading Brilliance Awards are a great way to recognise the effort that our colleagues make to ensure we are living our values as a co-operative.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone enjoyed the night, and I am proud to work with such inspirational and co-operative people, who really care about the communities they work.”
- 1 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 2 Mystery mural found in back street sparks hunt for artist
- 3 Fire breaks out at care home in the Broads
- 4 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 5 Bank says branch still open after 'ominous' sign appears
- 6 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 7 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 Pressure grows for fixed date for schools to re-open
- 10 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight