Gorleston’s Debbie Bishop wins community advocate of the year at Central England Co-operative awards
- Credit: Archant
Central England Co-operative has celebrated its highest performing colleagues at its Leading Brilliance Awards.
The award for Community Advocate of the Year was Debbie Bishop, funeral administrator from its Gorleston funeral home.
She said: “I am thrilled to bits to have won this award, and that my efforts in the community are being recognised at such a level.
Central England Co-operative is a community business and we try to make sure we do as much as we can for the community. I can’t believe I won.”
Martyn Cheatle, CEO of Central England Co-operative, said: “Our Leading Brilliance Awards are a great way to recognise the effort that our colleagues make to ensure we are living our values as a co-operative.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone enjoyed the night, and I am proud to work with such inspirational and co-operative people, who really care about the communities they work.”
- 1 The Last Post - knitted tribute to Prince Philip pops up in village
- 2 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
- 3 Walk-in vaccine clinics cancelled following influx of bookings
- 4 Plea to find family of 38-year-old Great Yarmouth man
- 5 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 6 Drugs factory worker who hid cash under bed must pay back £42k
- 7 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 8 'We're going to be rammed' - pubs bracing for weekend revelry
- 9 Our verdict on the new Giant Wheel on Great Yarmouth seafront
- 10 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening