Gorleston’s Debbie Bishop wins community advocate of the year at Central England Co-operative awards
- Credit: Archant
Central England Co-operative has celebrated its highest performing colleagues at its Leading Brilliance Awards.
The award for Community Advocate of the Year was Debbie Bishop, funeral administrator from its Gorleston funeral home.
She said: “I am thrilled to bits to have won this award, and that my efforts in the community are being recognised at such a level.
Central England Co-operative is a community business and we try to make sure we do as much as we can for the community. I can’t believe I won.”
Martyn Cheatle, CEO of Central England Co-operative, said: “Our Leading Brilliance Awards are a great way to recognise the effort that our colleagues make to ensure we are living our values as a co-operative.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone enjoyed the night, and I am proud to work with such inspirational and co-operative people, who really care about the communities they work.”
- 1 Weekly fireworks making 'spectacular' return to seafront
- 2 Gas worker on meter round stumbles on cannabis factory with 90 plants
- 3 Motorcyclist in hospital with serious injuries after crash
- 4 Live music returning to Great Yarmouth seafront
- 5 Free 'interview haircuts' for jobseekers in coastal town
- 6 Bid for grocery store in end-of-terrace house
- 7 Traders look back on devastating Great Yarmouth fire
- 8 Appeal to find missing man from Gorleston
- 9 Jailed in July: Drug dealing, knife crime and manslaughter
- 10 TV presenter Stephen Mulhern spotted filming pop-up game show in Yarmouth