Great Yarmouth-based Seacon staff celebrate Queens’s Award
- Credit: Archant
Great Yarmouth-based Seacon (Europe) Ltd, part of the SEA CON® Group has been named winners of a Queen’s Award for International Trade - one of the highest accolades available to celebrate success in international trade for businesses.
The SEA CON Group is world leaders in underwater connector technology and provide an extensive and diverse range of electrical, optical and hybrid connector assemblies, submersible switches and cable system solutions for many applications within the Oil & Gas, Defence, Oceanographic and Environmental markets.
The award was made in recognition of Seacon (Europe)’s continued growth and commitment to its international customers and year on year progress, not just in revenue but in customer relations and overall business development.
The company has seen its exports in the European market grow from just over £1m in 2010 to over £2.6m in 2012 and global sales rise from £9.1m to over £12.6m in the same period.
This is coupled with the continued high profile commitment to product development based on customer needs and the needs of the market place in general.
You may also want to watch:
Managing director, David Parker said: “We are very proud to be associated with the Queen’s Award.
“This has been a magnificent team effort and just shows what can be achieved working together to build good customer relationships, supply quality products and deliver on time.
- 1 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 2 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 3 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 4 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 5 Myleene Klass reveals heartbreak of miscarriage while on live radio
- 6 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 7 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 8 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 9 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
“This award is something that the whole of SEA CON can be proud of and we look forward to achieving even higher standards in the future.”
Only 160 Queen’s Awards have been announced this year for outstanding business achievement in the field of International Trade, Innovation and Sustainable Development.