Costa plans to open new cafe in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
A new Costa cafe could open in Great Yarmouth if a planning application is approved.
The borough council will consider a proposal to build a new outlet in Pasteur Retail Park on Thamesfield Way.
The cafe, a kiosk with a drive-thru, would be located in the carpark, opposite B&Q.
Other neighbouring shops include Argos, Tapi Carpets, Pets at Home and Home Bargains.
Documents submitted with the application say construction on the cafe would require the removal of 44 spaces from the car park while the proposed store would create up to 18 jobs.
The cafe would be open 24 hours a day.
The town already has two Costa Coffee outlets, with locations on Regent Road and in Gapton Hall Retail Park.
- 1 Do you remember when these celebrities visited Great Yarmouth?
- 2 School defends Covid policy
- 3 Concern for missing Great Yarmouth man
- 4 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 5 'At the mercy of the virus' - restaurateur shares concern over Omicron
- 6 You can help keep Gorleston safe by joining CCTV team
- 7 Plan for new 30 affordable houses in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Car park closed after more erosion at Winterton
- 9 Great Yarmouth set to be transformed into a winter wonderland once again
- 10 'It's caused chaos' - Vaccine centre boss reacts after locks glued
There is also a branch on High Street in Gorleston.
Costa has declined to comment on the plans until a later date.