Costa plans to open new cafe in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
A new Costa cafe could open in Great Yarmouth if a planning application is approved.
The borough council will consider a proposal to build a new outlet in Pasteur Retail Park on Thamesfield Way.
The cafe, a kiosk with a drive-thru, would be located in the carpark, opposite B&Q.
Other neighbouring shops include Argos, Tapi Carpets, Pets at Home and Home Bargains.
Documents submitted with the application say construction on the cafe would require the removal of 44 spaces from the car park while the proposed store would create up to 18 jobs.
You may also want to watch:
The cafe would be open 24 hours a day.
The town already has two Costa Coffee outlets, with locations on Regent Road and in Gapton Hall Retail Park.
- 1 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 2 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 3 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 4 Norwich City legends play football against dementia
- 5 Pleasure Beach's tropical event ready to launch - and free macs if it rains
- 6 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 7 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 8 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 9 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 10 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
There is also a branch on High Street in Gorleston.
Costa has declined to comment on the plans until a later date.