Costa plans to open new cafe in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
A new Costa cafe could open in Great Yarmouth if a planning application is approved.
The borough council will consider a proposal to build a new outlet in Pasteur Retail Park on Thamesfield Way.
The cafe, a kiosk with a drive-thru, would be located in the carpark, opposite B&Q.
Other neighbouring shops include Argos, Tapi Carpets, Pets at Home and Home Bargains.
Documents submitted with the application say construction on the cafe would require the removal of 44 spaces from the car park while the proposed store would create up to 18 jobs.
You may also want to watch:
The cafe would be open 24 hours a day.
The town already has two Costa Coffee outlets, with locations on Regent Road and in Gapton Hall Retail Park.
- 1 New escape room to open in Great Yarmouth
- 2 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 3 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 4 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on
- 5 Fake £50 notes used to buy items on Facebook
- 6 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 7 7 things you may have missed in Great Yarmouth since lockdown
- 8 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 9 Watch our virtual tour of Pleasure Beach's new Snails and Fairytales ride
- 10 Council to splash out £1.9m on Great Yarmouth town centre
There is also a branch on High Street in Gorleston.
Costa has declined to comment on the plans until a later date.