Costa plans to open new cafe in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
A new Costa cafe could open in Great Yarmouth if a planning application is approved.
The borough council will consider a proposal to build a new outlet in Pasteur Retail Park on Thamesfield Way.
The cafe, a kiosk with a drive-thru, would be located in the carpark, opposite B&Q.
Other neighbouring shops include Argos, Tapi Carpets, Pets at Home and Home Bargains.
Documents submitted with the application say construction on the cafe would require the removal of 44 spaces from the car park while the proposed store would create up to 18 jobs.
You may also want to watch:
The cafe would be open 24 hours a day.
The town already has two Costa Coffee outlets, with locations on Regent Road and in Gapton Hall Retail Park.
- 1 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 2 Firefighters rescue man trapped in crane
- 3 'Nothing worse than shut shops': Relief in Great Yarmouth as lockdown lifts
- 4 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 5 Covid-19 vaccine: who will get it, when and how?
- 6 Cash and jewellery stolen in Gorleston burglary
- 7 Ho, ho...go! Santa sleigh run going ahead with rule of six
- 8 Least used railway station in Britain is in Norfolk
- 9 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 10 'How much money has been spent?' - Street lamp lit for 12 years still not fixed
There is also a branch on High Street in Gorleston.
Costa has declined to comment on the plans until a later date.