Costa plans to open new cafe in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
A new Costa cafe could open in Great Yarmouth if a planning application is approved.
The borough council will consider a proposal to build a new outlet in Pasteur Retail Park on Thamesfield Way.
The cafe, a kiosk with a drive-thru, would be located in the carpark, opposite B&Q.
Other neighbouring shops include Argos, Tapi Carpets, Pets at Home and Home Bargains.
Documents submitted with the application say construction on the cafe would require the removal of 44 spaces from the car park while the proposed store would create up to 18 jobs.
You may also want to watch:
The cafe would be open 24 hours a day.
The town already has two Costa Coffee outlets, with locations on Regent Road and in Gapton Hall Retail Park.
- 1 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 2 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 3 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 4 Knifeman threatened to cut victim's throat if he 'grassed'
- 5 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 6 Man throws bottle through house window in confrontation
- 7 'Public' swimming pool could have to shut after mystery complaint
- 8 Missing man found safe and well
- 9 Beds occupied by Covid patients at hospital increases five-fold in a month
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
There is also a branch on High Street in Gorleston.
Costa has declined to comment on the plans until a later date.