Hair and beauty salon undergoes makeover ahead of glamorous relaunch
- Credit: Archant
A hair and beauty salon has closed temporarily as it undergoes a makeover before it returns offering a pampering experience with a twist.
The Haven hair and beauty in Great Yarmouth, which closed on Tuesday, will reopen next month under a new name.
The Party Boutique will offer customers of all ages a 'pamper party' which includes nail painting, hair styling and facial makeovers.
Owner of the business, Kinza Halifax, has described her excitement at the new business venture.
"I really can't wait," she said.
You may also want to watch:
"We just weren't getting the footfall with the hairdressing business so I had to make a change.
"We first started offering these pamper parties in December and they have taken off ever since."
- 1 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 2 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family
- 3 Drugs factory worker who hid cash under bed must pay back £42k
- 4 'We're going to be rammed' - pubs bracing for weekend revelry
- 5 Plea to find family of 38-year-old Great Yarmouth man
- 6 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
- 7 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 8 Our verdict on the new Giant Wheel on Great Yarmouth seafront
- 9 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 10 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
Miss Halifax, from Gorleston, first opened The Haven hair and beauty salon in October 2018.
Despite the business from regular customers, the 37-year-old said it wasn't sustainable to keep the salon open as a hairdressers.
Miss Halifax first trialled the idea of a 'pamper party' with her niece.
She said: "We weren't sure what to do for Lashaya's tenth birthday party so I came up with the idea of getting her friends together for a celebration in the salon.
"All the children loved getting glammed up so I thought I'd advertise it.
"It's one of the best decisions I made because it has proved to be so popular."
The Party Boutique in Regent Street will still offer hair cuts by appointment.
The parties which last for two and a half hours, can be enjoyed by children as young as three.
Miss Halifax and her team of six will also offer the experience to hen groups who can bring their own alcohol.
Customers will be able to enjoy a range of sweet treats as they get primped and preened.
Packages start at £13 per person.
She added: "People love being looked after and having lots of attention. That's exactly what we provide."
A 'Mummy and me' service will also be available which allows mums and daughters to spend some quality time together while they are looked after by the team.
The salon will reopen on September 7 with bookings now available.
For more information visit The Party Boutique on Facebook.