Great Yarmouth hairdressers impress at L’Oreal awards
TWO hair salons from the Great Yarmouth area proved they have what it takes to stand out in a crowd and won coveted places in the L’Oreal Colour Trophy Grand Final.
Last week, the Eastern region’s most artistic and creative hairdressers merged their knowledge of fashion with technical skills in hair colour to gain their exclusive places.
Sixty salons were put to the test live inside Cambridge Corn Exchange, and in just 30 minutes each team created an overall model look that captured their precise colouring techniques and reflected the autumn/winter 2011/12 catwalk trends.
A judging panel of the UK’s most renowned hairdressers decided who would move up the fashion ranks to the next level.
The salons that made an impact on the judges in the Professionnel Colour Trophy category were Saks Hair and Beauty of Yarmouth and Fusion Hair Consultants of Gorleston.
You may also want to watch:
And an excited teenager from Fusion, 17- year-old Mitchell Seaman was one of just five hairdressers under 25 to make it through from the Eastern region to the Young Colourist Award category, through a photographic model entry.
On May 26, Mitchell will travel to the L’Or�al International Academy in Hammersmith London and put his skills live to the test among hairdressers from across the UK. Each of the regional finalists will have just 45 minutes to demonstrate their colouring and cutting proficiency through a number of tasks set by a panel of acclaimed judges.
- 1 'Business as usual' as shopping mall enters administration
- 2 Jail for 'Jekyll and Hyde' builder who made customer 'fear for her life'
- 3 Another Norfolk branch of Outfit shuts for good among 31 more closures
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 6 Investigation into 'particularly severe' case of fly-tipping
- 7 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 8 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 9 Council rounds on 'uninformed' coronavirus marshal critics
- 10 Town centre post office closed as staff self-isolate
The Eastern region winners go forward to the national grand final on July 4 at the Grosvenor House Ballroom in Park Lane, London. Fusion’s Professionnel Colour Trophy category winners were Debbie Clements, Gemma Huggins and Tanya Price, with the support of the rest of the Fusion team.