Futures Fest careers fair at Minster is a jobs success
- Credit: Paula Sheldon
A careers fair held at Great Yarmouth Minster has been hailed a success by organisers.
Futures Fest was staged at the minster on Thursday and also included a community arts festival at the end of the day.
It saw school and college leavers visit the dozens of universities, colleges and business stands.
The University of East Anglia, University of Cambridge, Aviva, the NHS, Norfolk Police, the armed forces and Great Yarmouth Borough Council were among the stands.
The event was organised by the Network for East Anglian Collaborative Outreach.
You may also want to watch:
Event organiser Marie Borrego said: “Well done to the young people and families of Great Yarmouth for turning out to our very first Futures Fest.
“The Minster was a fantastic venue for such an aspiring day. Great Yarmouth mayor, Mary Coleman, gave a heartfelt opening to the community event and enjoyed talking to the huge array of exhibitors who came along from the four corners of England.”
- 1 Jail for 'Jekyll and Hyde' builder who made customer 'fear for her life'
- 2 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 3 'Business as usual' as shopping mall enters administration
- 4 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 5 Man, 23, knocked off bike during robbery
- 6 Council pay out six claims to drivers after car park ramp damaged vehicles
- 7 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 8 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 9 Man in court over Norfolk Broads' boat break-ins during lockdown
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?