Futures Fest careers fair at Minster is a jobs success
- Credit: Paula Sheldon
A careers fair held at Great Yarmouth Minster has been hailed a success by organisers.
Futures Fest was staged at the minster on Thursday and also included a community arts festival at the end of the day.
It saw school and college leavers visit the dozens of universities, colleges and business stands.
The University of East Anglia, University of Cambridge, Aviva, the NHS, Norfolk Police, the armed forces and Great Yarmouth Borough Council were among the stands.
The event was organised by the Network for East Anglian Collaborative Outreach.
Event organiser Marie Borrego said: “Well done to the young people and families of Great Yarmouth for turning out to our very first Futures Fest.
“The Minster was a fantastic venue for such an aspiring day. Great Yarmouth mayor, Mary Coleman, gave a heartfelt opening to the community event and enjoyed talking to the huge array of exhibitors who came along from the four corners of England.”
- 1 New bus service to link Great Yarmouth with two major airports
- 2 Gorleston road closed for five months for new manhole and tunnel
- 3 Man on cocktail of drugs arrested after hitting 73mph in 30mph limit
- 4 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 5 Concern for missing Great Yarmouth man
- 6 Virus expert predicts Omicron will start 'outcompeting' Delta
- 7 Parts of Norfolk could see 60mph winds as Storm Barra hits
- 8 Car park closed after more erosion at Winterton
- 9 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia
- 10 Wind turbines, cables and trenches: Is another way possible?