Futures Fest careers fair at Minster is a jobs success
- Credit: Paula Sheldon
A careers fair held at Great Yarmouth Minster has been hailed a success by organisers.
Futures Fest was staged at the minster on Thursday and also included a community arts festival at the end of the day.
It saw school and college leavers visit the dozens of universities, colleges and business stands.
The University of East Anglia, University of Cambridge, Aviva, the NHS, Norfolk Police, the armed forces and Great Yarmouth Borough Council were among the stands.
The event was organised by the Network for East Anglian Collaborative Outreach.
You may also want to watch:
Event organiser Marie Borrego said: “Well done to the young people and families of Great Yarmouth for turning out to our very first Futures Fest.
“The Minster was a fantastic venue for such an aspiring day. Great Yarmouth mayor, Mary Coleman, gave a heartfelt opening to the community event and enjoyed talking to the huge array of exhibitors who came along from the four corners of England.”
- 1 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 2 Drugs factory worker who hid cash under bed must pay back £42k
- 3 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family
- 4 Plea to find family of 38-year-old Great Yarmouth man
- 5 'We're going to be rammed' - pubs bracing for weekend revelry
- 6 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
- 7 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 8 Our verdict on the new Giant Wheel on Great Yarmouth seafront
- 9 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 10 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing