Futures Fest careers fair at Minster is a jobs success
- Credit: Paula Sheldon
A careers fair held at Great Yarmouth Minster has been hailed a success by organisers.
Futures Fest was staged at the minster on Thursday and also included a community arts festival at the end of the day.
It saw school and college leavers visit the dozens of universities, colleges and business stands.
The University of East Anglia, University of Cambridge, Aviva, the NHS, Norfolk Police, the armed forces and Great Yarmouth Borough Council were among the stands.
The event was organised by the Network for East Anglian Collaborative Outreach.
You may also want to watch:
Event organiser Marie Borrego said: “Well done to the young people and families of Great Yarmouth for turning out to our very first Futures Fest.
“The Minster was a fantastic venue for such an aspiring day. Great Yarmouth mayor, Mary Coleman, gave a heartfelt opening to the community event and enjoyed talking to the huge array of exhibitors who came along from the four corners of England.”
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 3 Man seriously injured after crash on A149
- 4 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 5 Family ‘desperately worried’ for grandmother missing for five days
- 6 Forensic officers back as hunt for missing Patricia Holland in fifth day
- 7 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 From rock n roll to full throttle - Norfolk woman joins motor sport
- 10 Britain's Got Talent performer to host comedy special in Gorleston