Greggs to open second store in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: PA
Budget baker Greggs has confirmed it will be taking the final unit at a retail park in Great Yarmouth.
The store is likely to open in the next few weeks at Gapton Hall which is now fully occupied.
Its arrival in early October follows a summer of new openings from Card Factory, Shoe Zone, Superdrug and Cancer Research as well as some improvements to the road cutting queues.
A spokesman for the park confirmed "the hugely popular bakery chain" had signed a ten year lease on a 1,500 sq ft store.
The unit is said to offer "a contemporary food-on-the-go experience" as well as some outdoor seating.
Mark Kelly, asset manager at Argo Real Estate, said: "We are delighted to announce that Greggs will be the latest retailer to join Gapton Hall, taking us to fully occupied.
"Greggs will add a new dimension to our strong retail mix at Gapton Hall and will be extremely popular with our customers."
- 1 Traffic delays after car plunges into underpass in Yarmouth
- 2 Man who admitted Norfolk hotel arson to be sentenced
- 3 Good to Grow - Gorleston's 'guerrilla gardening' project
- 4 Highways bosses reveal when A47 dualling work will start
- 5 Ten-mile diversion to end as Acle road set to reopen
- 6 Survey warning ahead of £50m roundabout improvements
- 7 Council approves 'pod' plan to house rough sleepers
- 8 Pregnancy vaccination service on track for prestigious award
- 9 'Gourmet' kebab shop bringing 40 jobs to town centre
- 10 Men jailed for fraud after stolen letters and credit cards found in car
The unit is between Shoe Zone and the Card Factory.
Greggs already has a shop in Yarmouth town centre and one in Gorleston High Street.