Greggs to open second store in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: PA
Budget baker Greggs has confirmed it will be taking the final unit at a retail park in Great Yarmouth.
The store is likely to open in the next few weeks at Gapton Hall which is now fully occupied.
Its arrival in early October follows a summer of new openings from Card Factory, Shoe Zone, Superdrug and Cancer Research as well as some improvements to the road cutting queues.
A spokesman for the park confirmed "the hugely popular bakery chain" had signed a ten year lease on a 1,500 sq ft store.
The unit is said to offer "a contemporary food-on-the-go experience" as well as some outdoor seating.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Kelly, asset manager at Argo Real Estate, said: "We are delighted to announce that Greggs will be the latest retailer to join Gapton Hall, taking us to fully occupied.
"Greggs will add a new dimension to our strong retail mix at Gapton Hall and will be extremely popular with our customers."
- 1 New escape room to open in Great Yarmouth
- 2 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 3 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 4 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on
- 5 Fake £50 notes used to buy items on Facebook
- 6 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 7 Watch our virtual tour of Pleasure Beach's new Snails and Fairytales ride
- 8 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 9 Council to splash out £1.9m on Great Yarmouth town centre
- 10 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
The unit is between Shoe Zone and the Card Factory.
Greggs already has a shop in Yarmouth town centre and one in Gorleston High Street.