Harry Potter mania hits Yarmouth Hollywood Cinema
THE trademark cloak, wand and spectacles can only mean one thing - it was the opening night of the latest, and last, Harry Potter film in Great Yarmouth.
Crowds flocked to the town’s seafront Hollywood cinema on Friday as Pottermania swept into town - and it was the same for the next several nights with youngsters and adults all queuing to see the last instalment of the schoolboy wizard’s adventures, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
Trevor Wicks, director of Hollywood Cinemas, said thousands of people turned up to Hollywood cinemas across Norfolk.
He added: “It was excellent, probably the biggest weekend we have ever had as a cinema.
“It probably helped that the weather was on our side with the rain as well. It was not just Harry Potter though, we had a terrific weekend all round with all the films generating interest.”
You may also want to watch:
The seventh and last film is based on the J K Rowling novels, which have sold 450 million copies worldwide.
The books focus on Harry’s battles with the evil wizard Lord Voldemort, who killed Harry’s parents when he was a baby before vanishing after attempting to kill Harry.
- 1 'Business as usual' as shopping mall enters administration
- 2 Jail for 'Jekyll and Hyde' builder who made customer 'fear for her life'
- 3 Another Norfolk branch of Outfit shuts for good among 31 more closures
- 4 Investigation into 'particularly severe' case of fly-tipping
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 7 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 8 Town centre post office closed as staff self-isolate
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Council rounds on 'uninformed' coronavirus marshal critics
Harry became famous and was placed in the care of his non-magical relatives Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon. He enrolls at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry where he learns wizardry to fight Voldemort.