Ousted travel shop looking for new town centre location
- Credit: Archant
A travel agent facing homelessness after the collapse of retail chain Beales says it is looking for new premises.
Hays Travel, which has its base inside Palmers department store, says it is committed to Great Yarmouth and wants to stay in the town.
Palmers, part of the doomed Beales chain which collapsed at the end of January, is due to close in a few weeks.
Joint administrators KPMG say the doors will shut for good between March 14 and 17.
A spokesman for Hays said: "We are very pleased with the performance of our Great Yarmouth shop and will be saddened to move from this location.
"We are using best endeavours to find an alternative location and this may mean we operate from temporary premises until a permanent high street location is prepared.
You may also want to watch:
"We remain committed to the high street and to Great Yarmouth."
- 1 Covid on the coast: Record high for July but case numbers dipping
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 4 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 5 Man appears in court charged with murder of Gorleston woman
- 6 Historic town wasteland transformed into vivid urban garden
- 7 'Nobody wants the responsibility' - Town's public art collection for sale
- 8 Flats bid for former pub refused over 'cramped showers' concerns
- 9 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 10 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths