Ousted travel shop looking for new town centre location
- Credit: Archant
A travel agent facing homelessness after the collapse of retail chain Beales says it is looking for new premises.
Hays Travel, which has its base inside Palmers department store, says it is committed to Great Yarmouth and wants to stay in the town.
Palmers, part of the doomed Beales chain which collapsed at the end of January, is due to close in a few weeks.
Joint administrators KPMG say the doors will shut for good between March 14 and 17.
A spokesman for Hays said: "We are very pleased with the performance of our Great Yarmouth shop and will be saddened to move from this location.
"We are using best endeavours to find an alternative location and this may mean we operate from temporary premises until a permanent high street location is prepared.
You may also want to watch:
"We remain committed to the high street and to Great Yarmouth."
- 1 Historic seaside pub reveals £60,000 B&B rooms
- 2 Barber seeks sender of anonymous gift to say 'thank you'
- 3 A47 reopens after crash on Acle Straight
- 4 Homeowner punched and kicked after finding burglar stealing items from shed
- 5 'We'll survive' - Town market traders hopeful as £5.3m work begins
- 6 Vandals force knitters to remove 22 yarn bombs from village
- 7 Third Subway looks set to open in town
- 8 Local pub splashes back into action
- 9 Towering garden tipi proves a hit with al fresco drinkers
- 10 Warning not to be 'gull-ible' as lockdown lifting could see birds' return