Health centre for dogs celebrates first full year in business
- Credit: Kim Cole
A health centre for dogs has celebrated its first birthday with an open day and charity raffle.
In its first 12 months Ruffs, in Northgate Street, Great Yarmouth, has treated animals of all sizes from Coco the Chihuahua to Star the St Bernard.
Owner Kim Cole said the hydrotherapy pool eased pain and stiffness, adding: “We help our patients before surgery to increase the success rate and we help them after surgery on the road to recovery. In Star’s case we are bulding her up before a double hip replacement. The co-operation we have had with local vets has been amazing.
“Our open day was a great success. We had a lot of people come down and we held a raffle also for Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue.
“We have really enjoyed our first year meeting our patients and clients who are like family to us.
You may also want to watch:
“I thank my clients and my dad - without them I wouldn’t be able to live out my dream.”
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 6 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 7 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 8 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 9 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed