Health centre for dogs celebrates first full year in business
- Credit: Kim Cole
A health centre for dogs has celebrated its first birthday with an open day and charity raffle.
In its first 12 months Ruffs, in Northgate Street, Great Yarmouth, has treated animals of all sizes from Coco the Chihuahua to Star the St Bernard.
Owner Kim Cole said the hydrotherapy pool eased pain and stiffness, adding: “We help our patients before surgery to increase the success rate and we help them after surgery on the road to recovery. In Star’s case we are bulding her up before a double hip replacement. The co-operation we have had with local vets has been amazing.
“Our open day was a great success. We had a lot of people come down and we held a raffle also for Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue.
“We have really enjoyed our first year meeting our patients and clients who are like family to us.
You may also want to watch:
“I thank my clients and my dad - without them I wouldn’t be able to live out my dream.”
- 1 Toddler found in car not wearing seatbelt and driver had no licence
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 E-scooter riders clock up 10,000 miles in over two weeks
- 4 Police cracking down on anti-social motorbike riders
- 5 Man died after knife fight with housemate
- 6 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 7 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 8 'What's not to like?' - Waiting list for beach huts as owners return
- 9 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 10 Local pub splashes back into action