What do you think of this new sign for Hemsby?
- Credit: Paul Robinson Partnership (UK) LLP
This is the eye-catching sign that visitors and residents of a seaside village could be seeing if approved by planners.
If passed by Great Yarmouth Borough Council, the multicoloured sign will be on the carpark of Richardson's Holiday Park on Beach Road in Hemsby.
Planners say the sign will "enhance the site visually".
The sign was donated, will stand at no more than 1.7m tall with a 40cm plinth attached and was designed and commissioned by Great Yarmouth Borough Council.
Also included in the plans are a mural wall and "minor re-configuration of the car park".
The mural wall, which will be made out of Dibond boards, is to be "printed with a graphic relating to Norfolk tourism," the plans sate.
The boards will be fixed to fence posts and panels on top of a 50cm high timber sleeper plinth.
- 1 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 2 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
- 3 'A slow down' - Estate agent says housing supply is hitting market
- 4 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 5 Body part investigation continues in Great Yarmouth
- 6 Wimbledon wild card Olivia through to second round in ladies doubles
- 7 Rescue hope for iconic hotel declared 'at risk' by national body
- 8 What the census tells us about Great Yarmouth
- 9 Renewed bid to bulldoze 'ugly mess' country pub for homes
- 10 More than half say lights 'too tacky' for Gorleston
A decision on the application will be made by January 6, 2022.