McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- Credit: Archant
More than a dozen McDonald's restaurants across Norfolk are hiring new staff as the fast food giant embarks on a huge recruitment drive.
It is looking to fill 20,000 roles across the UK, with 50 new restaurants planned nationwide and in anticipation of social distancing rules being relaxed in the future – so more staff can work at once.
McDonald's has 1,400 restaurants across the country, with 20 currently in Norfolk.
Now, 16 of those are hiring, including six in and around Norwich.
Roles are currently available at the restaurants in Barrett Road, at Thickthorn, at Longwater, in Boundary Road, at the Asda on Drayton High Road and at Norwich Airport.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, jobs are also going at three eateries in Great Yarmouth, two more in King's Lynn and others in Brundall, Wroxham, Cromer, Swaffham and Snetterton.
Chief executive Paul Pomroy said: "It’s fantastic to be able to offer an additional 20,000 people an opportunity to work with us."
- 1 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 2 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 3 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 4 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 5 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 6 Euro 2020 crowds blamed for Gorleston Covid spike
- 7 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Almost two dozen arrests on first Saturday after nightclubs open
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale