Up to 80 new jobs as McDonald's prepares to launch at Asda
- Credit: Archant
A new McDonald's drive-thru restaurant is opening next month creating up to 80 new jobs.
The bid for a third Great Yarmouth outlet won planning permission in September last year.
It is taking shape in the Asda car park on Acle New Road and means a loss of 119 parking spaces.
The restaurant says it is opening in late June and is looking to hire around 75-80 staff in three key areas as crew members, customer care assistants, and caretakers.
Wages range from £7.50 to £9 an hour depending on age and role.
You may also want to watch:
In the planning papers McDonald's said it was seeking to increase its representation in key locations.
The restaurant will have an outdoor patio and play area, and likely be open 24/7.
- 1 Police arrest man in Gorleston murder probe
- 2 Opening date confirmed for new Sports Direct in town's former M&S
- 3 Murder victim's brother: 'Please help find my beloved sister's killer'
- 4 Man stabbed victim in chest with screwdriver at cemetery
- 5 'Trauma cafe' taking shape in former high street electrical shop
- 6 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 7 Sinkhole appears on busy coastal bus route in Gorleston
- 8 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 9 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
- 10 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
Yarmouth already has McDonald's restaurants in the town centre and at Gapton Hall retail park.