Up to 80 new jobs as McDonald's prepares to launch at Asda
- Credit: Archant
A new McDonald's drive-thru restaurant is opening next month creating up to 80 new jobs.
The bid for a third Great Yarmouth outlet won planning permission in September last year.
It is taking shape in the Asda car park on Acle New Road and means a loss of 119 parking spaces.
The restaurant says it is opening in late June and is looking to hire around 75-80 staff in three key areas as crew members, customer care assistants, and caretakers.
Wages range from £7.50 to £9 an hour depending on age and role.
You may also want to watch:
In the planning papers McDonald's said it was seeking to increase its representation in key locations.
The restaurant will have an outdoor patio and play area, and likely be open 24/7.
- 1 Land 'on fringe' of popular Norfolk village set for auction
- 2 Norfolk boxer turns pro after winning fight against bullies
- 3 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 4 Great Yarmouth's Portuguese residents' share love for 'second home'
- 5 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 6 Apartment blocks close to seafront set for auction
- 7 Bin collection days to change across Great Yarmouth area
- 8 New Sainsbury's plan revealed for Bradwell
- 9 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 10 New £14m special education school opens after two-year build
Yarmouth already has McDonald's restaurants in the town centre and at Gapton Hall retail park.