Up to 80 new jobs as McDonald's prepares to launch at Asda
- Credit: Archant
A new McDonald's drive-thru restaurant is opening next month creating up to 80 new jobs.
The bid for a third Great Yarmouth outlet won planning permission in September last year.
It is taking shape in the Asda car park on Acle New Road and means a loss of 119 parking spaces.
The restaurant says it is opening in late June and is looking to hire around 75-80 staff in three key areas as crew members, customer care assistants, and caretakers.
Wages range from £7.50 to £9 an hour depending on age and role.
In the planning papers McDonald's said it was seeking to increase its representation in key locations.
The restaurant will have an outdoor patio and play area, and likely be open 24/7.
- 1 Football club president is face known to thousand of Hippodrome fans
- 2 Where you can watch fireworks in Great Yarmouth this summer
- 3 Plans to revamp Great Yarmouth town centre gather pace
- 4 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 5 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 6 Rapid growth of farm shop proves value of business diversity
- 7 Man killed 96-year-old bystander in road rage crash
- 8 PM's pledge over new hospitals, including James Paget, to be probed
- 9 Pupils put best feet forward to celebrate their school's 150th anniversary
- 10 'There will be a huge impact' - Councillor's fears ahead of 665 homes vote
Yarmouth already has McDonald's restaurants in the town centre and at Gapton Hall retail park.