Pet crematorium with a difference to hold official launch open day
- Credit: Archant
A new “compassionate” pet crematorium in Great Yarmouth is to hold an open day as it officially launches this weekend.
Old friends and workmates Gerry Coulam and Mark Aylen decided to found the company following unsatisfactory experiences with their own pets that had died.
For months the pair have worked tirelessly renovating the site in Gapton Hall Road and on Saturday the Mayor of the borough, councillor Mary Coleman, will officially open Rainbow Bridge Pet Cremations.
The public is invited to come along and see the crematorium for themselves, which has a farewell room and a memorial area.
The company uses state of the art cremation machines that generate minimal emissions and operates a 24-hour collection service.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Coulam said: “My fiancée’s African grey parrot, Billy Boy, passed away quite young and the only places we could find locally were unsympathetic, and Mark felt the same when his pet died. It left a bit of a sour taste with us.
“When you lose a pet it can be like losing one of your family and you don’t want it to be more painful than it needs to be.
- 1 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 2 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 3 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 4 Norwich City legends play football against dementia
- 5 Pleasure Beach's tropical event ready to launch - and free macs if it rains
- 6 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 7 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 8 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 9 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 10 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
“We want to provide a service that is compassionate and respectful for these animals and their families.”
The open day will start at 10am this Saturday at their site in 17 Gapton Hall Road and all are welcome.