American-style waffles and pancakes are coming to the town centre bringing three jobs
- Credit: Archant
A new independent, American-style cafe is eyeing up an empty unit in Great Yarmouth.
Under plans submitted to Great Yarmouth Borough Council the former Ellie Moos milkshake bar in Market Gates will be reinvented as a cafe.
If approved the change-of-use application will allow the operator to sell US-style pancakes, waffles, donuts, ice-creams, slushies, milkshakes and soda floats, under the name I Just Wanna Treat US.
Documents supporting the bid say the proposal is "entirely compatible" with surrounding areas and would facilitate the expansion of I Just Wanna Candy at Unit 21.Ellie Moos closed in December last year.
Market Gates has 49 units, eight of which are empty and several more - including Debenhams - said to be at risk.
The papers say the cafe will create three full time equivalent jobs.
The application is being made by Market Gates.
You may also want to watch:
Centre manager Nick Spencer said: "It is an interesting retail use and we obviously hope to achieve the necessary permission so we can welcome a new tenant to Market Gates."
- 1 Covid on the coast: Record high for July but case numbers dipping
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 4 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 5 Man appears in court charged with murder of Gorleston woman
- 6 Historic town wasteland transformed into vivid urban garden
- 7 'Nobody wants the responsibility' - Town's public art collection for sale
- 8 Flats bid for former pub refused over 'cramped showers' concerns
- 9 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 10 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show