Cinema to reopen before Christmas following multi-million pound refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
The multi-million pound refurbishment of Royalty cinema in Great Yarmouth will be completed in time for Christmas, its new operator has announced.
The Irish-based Arc Cinema group took over the running of the former Hollywood cinema in Marine Parade in June this year and have revealed its doors will reopen before December 25.
In a Facebook post on Monday, Arc Cinema said: "Great News for Great Yarmouth!"
"Our major redevelopment works on Marine Parade are nearly done and we should be open in time for Christmas."
Visitors to the cinema have been promised the best cinematic experience in East Anglia with luxury leather armchair seats, a state-of-the-art sound system and 4k digital projections all part of the venue's transformation.
The building has a long history of entertainment stretching back to the 1900s, and the cinema's closure earlier this year was met by huge disappointment.
The Hollywood cinemas based in Great Yarmouth and Norwich closed after the chain fell into administration.
You may also want to watch:
Arc Cinema group is currently opening a number of sites in the UK, and says it specialises in creating high-quality cinemas to serve local communities.
- 1 Historic seaside pub reveals £60,000 B&B rooms
- 2 Barber seeks sender of anonymous gift to say 'thank you'
- 3 A47 reopens after crash on Acle Straight
- 4 Homeowner punched and kicked after finding burglar stealing items from shed
- 5 'We'll survive' - Town market traders hopeful as £5.3m work begins
- 6 Vandals force knitters to remove 22 yarn bombs from village
- 7 Local pub splashes back into action
- 8 Third Subway looks set to open in town
- 9 Towering garden tipi proves a hit with al fresco drinkers
- 10 Warning not to be 'gull-ible' as lockdown lifting could see birds' return