Building of popular B&B set to be sold
- Credit: Archant
The building of a popular seaside B&B is set to be sold after its owners were granted permission to convert the premises into a five bedroom house.
Saffrons Guest House in Great Yarmouth has welcomed guests to the town for 12 years, impressing customers with its comfy furniture and indulgent breakfasts.
Although the B&B in Wellesley Road has continued to receive rave reviews from customers on sites such as TripAdvisor, owner Willie Scott said he is ready to enjoy a relaxing retirement.
The 58-year-old said: "I've really enjoyed my time running the B&B and interacting with our wonderful guests.
"But it's time for me to retire and start spending more time with my family."
You may also want to watch:
The B&B closed last month and plans to change the use of the building to a residential property were granted by Great Yarmouth Borough Council two weeks ago.
Mr Scott thanked his customers for their loyal support over the years and said he hopes the new owner of the property will "make good use of its potential".
- 1 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 2 Firefighters rescue man trapped in crane
- 3 'Nothing worse than shut shops': Relief in Great Yarmouth as lockdown lifts
- 4 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 5 Covid-19 vaccine: who will get it, when and how?
- 6 Cash and jewellery stolen in Gorleston burglary
- 7 Ho, ho...go! Santa sleigh run going ahead with rule of six
- 8 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 9 Least used railway station in Britain is in Norfolk
- 10 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
The building is set to go up for sale later on this month.