Building of popular B&B set to be sold
- Credit: Archant
The building of a popular seaside B&B is set to be sold after its owners were granted permission to convert the premises into a five bedroom house.
Saffrons Guest House in Great Yarmouth has welcomed guests to the town for 12 years, impressing customers with its comfy furniture and indulgent breakfasts.
Although the B&B in Wellesley Road has continued to receive rave reviews from customers on sites such as TripAdvisor, owner Willie Scott said he is ready to enjoy a relaxing retirement.
The 58-year-old said: "I've really enjoyed my time running the B&B and interacting with our wonderful guests.
"But it's time for me to retire and start spending more time with my family."
The B&B closed last month and plans to change the use of the building to a residential property were granted by Great Yarmouth Borough Council two weeks ago.
Mr Scott thanked his customers for their loyal support over the years and said he hopes the new owner of the property will "make good use of its potential".
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 3 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 4 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 5 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 6 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 7 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 8 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 9 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 10 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
The building is set to go up for sale later on this month.