Building of popular B&B set to be sold
- Credit: Archant
The building of a popular seaside B&B is set to be sold after its owners were granted permission to convert the premises into a five bedroom house.
Saffrons Guest House in Great Yarmouth has welcomed guests to the town for 12 years, impressing customers with its comfy furniture and indulgent breakfasts.
Although the B&B in Wellesley Road has continued to receive rave reviews from customers on sites such as TripAdvisor, owner Willie Scott said he is ready to enjoy a relaxing retirement.
The 58-year-old said: "I've really enjoyed my time running the B&B and interacting with our wonderful guests.
"But it's time for me to retire and start spending more time with my family."
You may also want to watch:
The B&B closed last month and plans to change the use of the building to a residential property were granted by Great Yarmouth Borough Council two weeks ago.
Mr Scott thanked his customers for their loyal support over the years and said he hopes the new owner of the property will "make good use of its potential".
- 1 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 2 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 3 Airport-style security coming to seafront club amid spiking fears
- 4 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 5 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 6 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 7 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 8 Schoolchildren driving Covid rates across Yarmouth
- 9 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 10 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water
The building is set to go up for sale later on this month.