Building of popular B&B set to be sold
- Credit: Archant
The building of a popular seaside B&B is set to be sold after its owners were granted permission to convert the premises into a five bedroom house.
Saffrons Guest House in Great Yarmouth has welcomed guests to the town for 12 years, impressing customers with its comfy furniture and indulgent breakfasts.
Although the B&B in Wellesley Road has continued to receive rave reviews from customers on sites such as TripAdvisor, owner Willie Scott said he is ready to enjoy a relaxing retirement.
The 58-year-old said: "I've really enjoyed my time running the B&B and interacting with our wonderful guests.
"But it's time for me to retire and start spending more time with my family."
You may also want to watch:
The B&B closed last month and plans to change the use of the building to a residential property were granted by Great Yarmouth Borough Council two weeks ago.
Mr Scott thanked his customers for their loyal support over the years and said he hopes the new owner of the property will "make good use of its potential".
- 1 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 2 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family
- 3 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 4 Watch our virtual tour of Pleasure Beach's new Snails and Fairytales ride
- 5 Council to splash out £1.9m on Great Yarmouth town centre
- 6 Trio from Great Yarmouth charged with Norwich betting shop robbery
- 7 'We're going to be rammed' - pubs bracing for weekend revelry
- 8 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
- 9 Deliveroo to launch in Great Yarmouth with 45 restaurants signed up
- 10 Asda says redundancy 'last option' for bakery staff
The building is set to go up for sale later on this month.