Building of popular B&B set to be sold
- Credit: Archant
The building of a popular seaside B&B is set to be sold after its owners were granted permission to convert the premises into a five bedroom house.
Saffrons Guest House in Great Yarmouth has welcomed guests to the town for 12 years, impressing customers with its comfy furniture and indulgent breakfasts.
Although the B&B in Wellesley Road has continued to receive rave reviews from customers on sites such as TripAdvisor, owner Willie Scott said he is ready to enjoy a relaxing retirement.
The 58-year-old said: "I've really enjoyed my time running the B&B and interacting with our wonderful guests.
"But it's time for me to retire and start spending more time with my family."
You may also want to watch:
The B&B closed last month and plans to change the use of the building to a residential property were granted by Great Yarmouth Borough Council two weeks ago.
Mr Scott thanked his customers for their loyal support over the years and said he hopes the new owner of the property will "make good use of its potential".
- 1 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 2 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 3 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 4 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 5 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 6 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 7 Euro 2020 crowds blamed for Gorleston Covid spike
- 8 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 9 Almost two dozen arrests on first Saturday after nightclubs open
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale
The building is set to go up for sale later on this month.