Building of popular B&B set to be sold
- Credit: Archant
The building of a popular seaside B&B is set to be sold after its owners were granted permission to convert the premises into a five bedroom house.
Saffrons Guest House in Great Yarmouth has welcomed guests to the town for 12 years, impressing customers with its comfy furniture and indulgent breakfasts.
Although the B&B in Wellesley Road has continued to receive rave reviews from customers on sites such as TripAdvisor, owner Willie Scott said he is ready to enjoy a relaxing retirement.
The 58-year-old said: "I've really enjoyed my time running the B&B and interacting with our wonderful guests.
"But it's time for me to retire and start spending more time with my family."
You may also want to watch:
The B&B closed last month and plans to change the use of the building to a residential property were granted by Great Yarmouth Borough Council two weeks ago.
Mr Scott thanked his customers for their loyal support over the years and said he hopes the new owner of the property will "make good use of its potential".
- 1 'Business as usual' as shopping mall enters administration
- 2 Jail for 'Jekyll and Hyde' builder who made customer 'fear for her life'
- 3 Another Norfolk branch of Outfit shuts for good among 31 more closures
- 4 Investigation into 'particularly severe' case of fly-tipping
- 5 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 6 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 7 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 8 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 9 Town centre post office closed as staff self-isolate
- 10 Council rounds on 'uninformed' coronavirus marshal critics
The building is set to go up for sale later on this month.