Opening date revealed for new £7.5m seafront Premier Inn
- Credit: Archant
Guests will start arriving at a seafront hotel later this month after the project was hit by delays.
The Premier Inn taking shape at South Denes in Great Yarmouth is finally opening on June 17, after work was hampered by strong winds.The hotel and Beefeater restaurant are the first to take up space at The Edge casino-lead leisure complex being assembled by Pleasure Beach boss Albert Jones.
He also hopes to add an 8/10 screen multiplex cinema, five other branded restaurants, and an indoor play area.
A spokesman for Whitbread, the company behind the hotel chain, said a staff of more than 60 people had all been taken on from the local area.
He said: "The Edge Leisure Park is an important development for Great Yarmouth and we are excited to be a part of it.
"Our new 81-bedroom Premier Inn hotel and Beefeater restaurant at The Edge will be our second Premier Inn hotel in Great Yarmouth.
"Our expansion reflects strong demand for Premier Inn bedrooms throughout the year from customers looking to stay on business or for leisure.
"Whitbread is investing more than £7.5m in the hotel and restaurant."
- 1 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 2 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 3 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 4 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 5 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 6 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 7 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 8 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 9 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 10 Obituary: 105-year-old who outlived eldest sibling by five months
The hotel was due to open in the Spring.
It is being advertised as being "right on the seafront and only a short walk from the Pleasure Beach."