Opening date revealed for new £7.5m seafront Premier Inn
- Credit: Archant
Guests will start arriving at a seafront hotel later this month after the project was hit by delays.
The Premier Inn taking shape at South Denes in Great Yarmouth is finally opening on June 17, after work was hampered by strong winds.The hotel and Beefeater restaurant are the first to take up space at The Edge casino-lead leisure complex being assembled by Pleasure Beach boss Albert Jones.
He also hopes to add an 8/10 screen multiplex cinema, five other branded restaurants, and an indoor play area.
A spokesman for Whitbread, the company behind the hotel chain, said a staff of more than 60 people had all been taken on from the local area.
He said: "The Edge Leisure Park is an important development for Great Yarmouth and we are excited to be a part of it.
"Our new 81-bedroom Premier Inn hotel and Beefeater restaurant at The Edge will be our second Premier Inn hotel in Great Yarmouth.
You may also want to watch:
"Our expansion reflects strong demand for Premier Inn bedrooms throughout the year from customers looking to stay on business or for leisure.
"Whitbread is investing more than £7.5m in the hotel and restaurant."
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 3 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 4 Man seriously injured after crash on A149
- 5 Family ‘desperately worried’ for grandmother missing for five days
- 6 Forensic officers back as hunt for missing Patricia Holland in fifth day
- 7 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 From rock n roll to full throttle - Norfolk woman joins motor sport
- 10 Police sniffer dogs join search for missing woman
The hotel was due to open in the Spring.
It is being advertised as being "right on the seafront and only a short walk from the Pleasure Beach."