Opening date revealed for new £7.5m seafront Premier Inn
- Credit: Archant
Guests will start arriving at a seafront hotel later this month after the project was hit by delays.
The Premier Inn taking shape at South Denes in Great Yarmouth is finally opening on June 17, after work was hampered by strong winds.The hotel and Beefeater restaurant are the first to take up space at The Edge casino-lead leisure complex being assembled by Pleasure Beach boss Albert Jones.
He also hopes to add an 8/10 screen multiplex cinema, five other branded restaurants, and an indoor play area.
A spokesman for Whitbread, the company behind the hotel chain, said a staff of more than 60 people had all been taken on from the local area.
He said: "The Edge Leisure Park is an important development for Great Yarmouth and we are excited to be a part of it.
"Our new 81-bedroom Premier Inn hotel and Beefeater restaurant at The Edge will be our second Premier Inn hotel in Great Yarmouth.
You may also want to watch:
"Our expansion reflects strong demand for Premier Inn bedrooms throughout the year from customers looking to stay on business or for leisure.
"Whitbread is investing more than £7.5m in the hotel and restaurant."
- 1 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 2 Drugs factory worker who hid cash under bed must pay back £42k
- 3 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family
- 4 Plea to find family of 38-year-old Great Yarmouth man
- 5 'We're going to be rammed' - pubs bracing for weekend revelry
- 6 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
- 7 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 8 Our verdict on the new Giant Wheel on Great Yarmouth seafront
- 9 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 10 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
The hotel was due to open in the Spring.
It is being advertised as being "right on the seafront and only a short walk from the Pleasure Beach."