Opening date revealed for new £7.5m seafront Premier Inn
- Credit: Archant
Guests will start arriving at a seafront hotel later this month after the project was hit by delays.
The Premier Inn taking shape at South Denes in Great Yarmouth is finally opening on June 17, after work was hampered by strong winds.The hotel and Beefeater restaurant are the first to take up space at The Edge casino-lead leisure complex being assembled by Pleasure Beach boss Albert Jones.
He also hopes to add an 8/10 screen multiplex cinema, five other branded restaurants, and an indoor play area.
A spokesman for Whitbread, the company behind the hotel chain, said a staff of more than 60 people had all been taken on from the local area.
He said: "The Edge Leisure Park is an important development for Great Yarmouth and we are excited to be a part of it.
"Our new 81-bedroom Premier Inn hotel and Beefeater restaurant at The Edge will be our second Premier Inn hotel in Great Yarmouth.
You may also want to watch:
"Our expansion reflects strong demand for Premier Inn bedrooms throughout the year from customers looking to stay on business or for leisure.
"Whitbread is investing more than £7.5m in the hotel and restaurant."
- 1 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 2 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 7 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 8 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 10 'Road to nowhere' after erosion streak at Winterton
The hotel was due to open in the Spring.
It is being advertised as being "right on the seafront and only a short walk from the Pleasure Beach."