Opening date revealed for new £7.5m seafront Premier Inn
- Credit: Archant
Guests will start arriving at a seafront hotel later this month after the project was hit by delays.
The Premier Inn taking shape at South Denes in Great Yarmouth is finally opening on June 17, after work was hampered by strong winds.The hotel and Beefeater restaurant are the first to take up space at The Edge casino-lead leisure complex being assembled by Pleasure Beach boss Albert Jones.
He also hopes to add an 8/10 screen multiplex cinema, five other branded restaurants, and an indoor play area.
A spokesman for Whitbread, the company behind the hotel chain, said a staff of more than 60 people had all been taken on from the local area.
He said: "The Edge Leisure Park is an important development for Great Yarmouth and we are excited to be a part of it.
"Our new 81-bedroom Premier Inn hotel and Beefeater restaurant at The Edge will be our second Premier Inn hotel in Great Yarmouth.
You may also want to watch:
"Our expansion reflects strong demand for Premier Inn bedrooms throughout the year from customers looking to stay on business or for leisure.
"Whitbread is investing more than £7.5m in the hotel and restaurant."
- 1 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 2 Jail for 'Jekyll and Hyde' builder who made customer 'fear for her life'
- 3 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 4 Council pay out six claims to drivers after car park ramp damaged vehicles
- 5 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 6 'Business as usual' as shopping mall enters administration
- 7 Man, 23, knocked off bike during robbery
- 8 Neighbours oppose off-licence over crime fears
- 9 Man in court over Norfolk Broads' boat break-ins during lockdown
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
The hotel was due to open in the Spring.
It is being advertised as being "right on the seafront and only a short walk from the Pleasure Beach."