Simmons Edeco awarded North Sea contract
- Credit: Archant
Simmons Edeco has announced it has been awarded a multi-million pound contract by a major North Sea oil and gas operator.
“By working with this valued customer over the past 13 years, we have developed a very positive working relationship, and a thorough understanding of their operations in the North Sea,” said Gavin Sherwood, business development manager.
“As a result, we are able to respond immediately when unforeseen challenges arise, and to provide them with innovative, cost-effective solutions to meet their asset integrity management needs. It is very rewarding that the company continues to put its faith in Simmons Edeco by awarding this key contract.”
To fulfil the contract, Simmons Edeco will use its full suite of specialist wellhead and valve maintenance equipment. Central to the range are its custom-designed “flush and grease” pumps that it uses to service production and wellhead valves.
Earlier this year, the company’s rapid response to a call from the operator made it possible for it to bring one of its key producing wells, back into production quickly. Within 48 hours, Simmons Edeco sourced a spring replacement and mobilised a team of wellhead maintenance engineers to the offshore installation where they replaced the broken spring in situ, and repaired the actuator.
The two-year contract, which features three one-year options to renew, is being supported by Simmons Edeco from its European base of operations in Great Yarmouth.
Founded in 1962, the company supports its customers from its headquarters in Calgary-Canada, and network of bases in Great Yarmouth, Reynosa in Mexico, Fier in Albania and Muscat in Oman.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Gorleston murder accused refuses to leave cell for court hearing
- 3 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 4 Tributes to Yarmouth Town legend Keith
- 5 Tesco granted licence to sell alcohol from pub site
- 6 New face mask rules: Are Yarmouth shoppers complying?
- 7 Group to tackle impact of fairs and events in Yarmouth
- 8 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed
- 9 Bid for superbike warehouse bringing up to 30 new jobs
- 10 Hundreds of of poorest people in Great Yarmouth to have homes insulated