South Korea exhibition for firm looking east
- Credit: Archant
Great Yarmouth-based Inspection Verification Bureau (IVB) is looking to the Far East to expand its business.
Director Matt Chapman has just returned from South Korea where, he says, some of the country’s biggest offshore energy companies are keen to work with UK businesses who take the trouble to go and see them.
Mr Chapman’s trip to Busan for the three-day Offshore Korea exhibition and conference involved six plane journeys and 25 hours of flight time. “But it was worth it,” he said. “The reception and feedback we received was absolutely unbelievable, and far outweighed our expectations.
“The efforts we made travelling to Busan were really appreciated by the visitors to our stand and we’re now very hopeful of increasing the amount of business we do in South Korea.”
IVB, formed in 2010 by Mr Chapman and fellow directors Derek Lockwood and Christopher Bolton, has already worked on projects in the region but is now hoping to win contracts directly with one of South Korea’s nine major companies. Three of these, Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI), Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering (DSME) and Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) sponsored the exhibition attended by IVB as part of the Department of International Trade (DIT) pavilion.
You may also want to watch:
IVB carries out independent verification of offshore and onshore facilities, independent inspection during procurement, manufacture and beyond, risk assessment and independent audits of management and technical competence. The assessments cover legal, compliancy, quality, health & safety, performance and environmental factors, and obligations that are of crucial importance to all businesses and processes.
- 1 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 2 7 things you may have missed in Great Yarmouth since lockdown
- 3 Fight back against plans for supermarket 'in wrong place' on A47
- 4 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 5 A47 closed after crash as oil and debris cleared up
- 6 Hunt for silver VW Golf after man seriously injured in hit-and-run
- 7 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on
- 8 New escape room to open in Great Yarmouth
- 9 'They're so good' - Couple shielding for year praise 'lifeline' charity
- 10 'What's not to like?' - Waiting list for beach huts as owners return