New gymnastics club opens in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
A new gymnastics club has opened in Great Yarmouth.
Split Leaps, based on Bessamer Way, hopes to encourage the development of the sport in the seaside town.
Tina Amis, 47, who runs the club, said: "I used to be a gymnast years ago and I've always loved the sport.
The gym is the third she has opened, with two locations already active in Norwich, since 2013.
"My daughter wasn't settling in her gym so I decided to open my own," she said.
You may also want to watch:
The space includes bars, beams, a floor beam and a floor area, as well a parent viewing area.
Mrs Amis, who was born in Great Yarmouth, said the business is "very much a family affair".
- 1 Plea to find family of 38-year-old Great Yarmouth man
- 2 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 3 Drugs factory worker who hid cash under bed must pay back £42k
- 4 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 5 'We're going to be rammed' - pubs bracing for weekend revelry
- 6 Our verdict on the new Giant Wheel on Great Yarmouth seafront
- 7 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 8 The Last Post - knitted tribute to Prince Philip pops up in village
- 9 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
- 10 Walk-in vaccine clinics cancelled following influx of bookings
Her son and two daughters coach at the gym.
"We're hoping to offer gymnastics to anybody who wants to learn," Mrs Amis said.
Three girls including one from Belton who train at Split Leaps will take part in the English Bronze, Silver and Gold Championships in Leicester in November.
The club opens Monday to Saturday, except Wednesdays, from 4pm to 9pm.