New gymnastics club opens in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
A new gymnastics club has opened in Great Yarmouth.
Split Leaps, based on Bessamer Way, hopes to encourage the development of the sport in the seaside town.
Tina Amis, 47, who runs the club, said: "I used to be a gymnast years ago and I've always loved the sport.
The gym is the third she has opened, with two locations already active in Norwich, since 2013.
"My daughter wasn't settling in her gym so I decided to open my own," she said.
You may also want to watch:
The space includes bars, beams, a floor beam and a floor area, as well a parent viewing area.
Mrs Amis, who was born in Great Yarmouth, said the business is "very much a family affair".
- 1 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 2 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 3 Pleasure Beach's tropical event ready to launch - and free macs if it rains
- 4 Police searching for Patricia Holland believe her to be dead
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 7 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 8 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 9 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 10 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
Her son and two daughters coach at the gym.
"We're hoping to offer gymnastics to anybody who wants to learn," Mrs Amis said.
Three girls including one from Belton who train at Split Leaps will take part in the English Bronze, Silver and Gold Championships in Leicester in November.
The club opens Monday to Saturday, except Wednesdays, from 4pm to 9pm.