New gymnastics club opens in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
A new gymnastics club has opened in Great Yarmouth.
Split Leaps, based on Bessamer Way, hopes to encourage the development of the sport in the seaside town.
Tina Amis, 47, who runs the club, said: "I used to be a gymnast years ago and I've always loved the sport.
The gym is the third she has opened, with two locations already active in Norwich, since 2013.
"My daughter wasn't settling in her gym so I decided to open my own," she said.
You may also want to watch:
The space includes bars, beams, a floor beam and a floor area, as well a parent viewing area.
Mrs Amis, who was born in Great Yarmouth, said the business is "very much a family affair".
- 1 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 New wave of beach huts snapped up in Gorleston
- 4 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 5 Rogue builder's victims say home is 'finally watertight' one year on
- 6 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 7 Head teacher: 'It's not true that nobody from Great Yarmouth goes to uni'
- 8 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 9 Mystery mural found in back street sparks hunt for artist
- 10 Community garden to close permanently due to Covid funding crisis
Her son and two daughters coach at the gym.
"We're hoping to offer gymnastics to anybody who wants to learn," Mrs Amis said.
Three girls including one from Belton who train at Split Leaps will take part in the English Bronze, Silver and Gold Championships in Leicester in November.
The club opens Monday to Saturday, except Wednesdays, from 4pm to 9pm.