Third Subway looks set to open in town
- Credit: Google Maps
National sandwich chain Subway looks to be opening a new shop at Gapton Hall, Great Yarmouth.
Rai Chakradhar, who has the Subway shop in King Street, Great Yarmouth, is applying to put the brand's distinctive signs over the door at the former Carphone Warehouse shop next to Pizza Hut.
In March 2020 the technology retail giant closed all of its UK stores.
The move hit 531 outlets, including nine across Norfolk, and almost 3,000 workers, leaving an empty unit at the retail park.
Yarmouth has a Subway in King Street and at the Tower Complex on Marine Parade.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a branch in Gorleston High Street.
A consultation over the signage started on Monday (April 19) and is due to end on May 11.
To view the plans visit the Great Yarmouth Borough Council's planning portal on its website.
- 1 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 2 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
- 3 Woman whose house was bombed in the war celebrates 100th birthday
- 4 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 5 'Curiouser and curiouser' - Mystery white rabbit graffiti appears on coast
- 6 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 7 Parking ban outside town centre church looks set to be reversed
- 8 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 9 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 10 Great Yarmouth bakery forced to close after it was 'condemned dangerous'