Third Subway looks set to open in town
- Credit: Google Maps
National sandwich chain Subway looks to be opening a new shop at Gapton Hall, Great Yarmouth.
Rai Chakradhar, who has the Subway shop in King Street, Great Yarmouth, is applying to put the brand's distinctive signs over the door at the former Carphone Warehouse shop next to Pizza Hut.
In March 2020 the technology retail giant closed all of its UK stores.
The move hit 531 outlets, including nine across Norfolk, and almost 3,000 workers, leaving an empty unit at the retail park.
Yarmouth has a Subway in King Street and at the Tower Complex on Marine Parade.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a branch in Gorleston High Street.
A consultation over the signage started on Monday (April 19) and is due to end on May 11.
To view the plans visit the Great Yarmouth Borough Council's planning portal on its website.
- 1 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 2 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 6 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 7 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 8 'Road to nowhere' after erosion streak at Winterton
- 9 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price