New seafood restaurant with quirky ‘cockle popcorn’ menu option
- Credit: TMS Media
A new seafood restaurant has opened in a Great Yarmouth hotel.
Strollers in The Prom Hotel has transformed its menu offering everything from oysters and rock lobsters to locally caught fish and quirky cockle popcorn.
Rodney Scott, hotel co-owner with his son Ian, said the changes had been made in response to diners' demands.
He said people were looking to eat less meat after revelations about its effect on climate change and wanted more sustainable alternatives.
He added: "The health benefits of eating less meat and the greenhouse gas emissions caused by rearing livestock have given people food for thought.
You may also want to watch:
"There's been a real trend in customers asking for more fish dishes, so we've decided to completely change our menu to make Strollers a seafood restaurant.
"There are meat dishes on the menu, of course, but our focus is on serving a great range of seafood, including fish landed in Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft."
- 1 New escape room to open in Great Yarmouth
- 2 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 3 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 4 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on
- 5 Fake £50 notes used to buy items on Facebook
- 6 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 7 Watch our virtual tour of Pleasure Beach's new Snails and Fairytales ride
- 8 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 9 Council to splash out £1.9m on Great Yarmouth town centre
- 10 7 things you may have missed in Great Yarmouth since lockdown