New seafood restaurant with quirky ‘cockle popcorn’ menu option
- Credit: TMS Media
A new seafood restaurant has opened in a Great Yarmouth hotel.
Strollers in The Prom Hotel has transformed its menu offering everything from oysters and rock lobsters to locally caught fish and quirky cockle popcorn.
Rodney Scott, hotel co-owner with his son Ian, said the changes had been made in response to diners' demands.
He said people were looking to eat less meat after revelations about its effect on climate change and wanted more sustainable alternatives.
He added: "The health benefits of eating less meat and the greenhouse gas emissions caused by rearing livestock have given people food for thought.
You may also want to watch:
"There's been a real trend in customers asking for more fish dishes, so we've decided to completely change our menu to make Strollers a seafood restaurant.
"There are meat dishes on the menu, of course, but our focus is on serving a great range of seafood, including fish landed in Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft."
- 1 Norwich City legends play football against dementia
- 2 Pleasure Beach's tropical event ready to launch - and free macs if it rains
- 3 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 4 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 7 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 8 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 9 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 10 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show