New seafood restaurant with quirky ‘cockle popcorn’ menu option
- Credit: TMS Media
A new seafood restaurant has opened in a Great Yarmouth hotel.
Strollers in The Prom Hotel has transformed its menu offering everything from oysters and rock lobsters to locally caught fish and quirky cockle popcorn.
Rodney Scott, hotel co-owner with his son Ian, said the changes had been made in response to diners' demands.
He said people were looking to eat less meat after revelations about its effect on climate change and wanted more sustainable alternatives.
He added: "The health benefits of eating less meat and the greenhouse gas emissions caused by rearing livestock have given people food for thought.
You may also want to watch:
"There's been a real trend in customers asking for more fish dishes, so we've decided to completely change our menu to make Strollers a seafood restaurant.
"There are meat dishes on the menu, of course, but our focus is on serving a great range of seafood, including fish landed in Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft."
- 1 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 2 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 3 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 4 Airport-style security coming to seafront club amid spiking fears
- 5 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 6 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 7 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 8 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 10 Schoolchildren driving Covid rates across Yarmouth