New seafood restaurant with quirky ‘cockle popcorn’ menu option
- Credit: TMS Media
A new seafood restaurant has opened in a Great Yarmouth hotel.
Strollers in The Prom Hotel has transformed its menu offering everything from oysters and rock lobsters to locally caught fish and quirky cockle popcorn.
Rodney Scott, hotel co-owner with his son Ian, said the changes had been made in response to diners' demands.
He said people were looking to eat less meat after revelations about its effect on climate change and wanted more sustainable alternatives.
He added: "The health benefits of eating less meat and the greenhouse gas emissions caused by rearing livestock have given people food for thought.
You may also want to watch:
"There's been a real trend in customers asking for more fish dishes, so we've decided to completely change our menu to make Strollers a seafood restaurant.
"There are meat dishes on the menu, of course, but our focus is on serving a great range of seafood, including fish landed in Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft."
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 5 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 10 Knifeman threatened to cut victim's throat if he 'grassed'