The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- Credit: House PR
A national chain with a focus on home and leisure has announced it is moving into the former Outfit store on Great Yarmouth's Gapton Hall.
When The Range opens it will bring a new name to the town, and mean the shopping park will be fully let.
The home and leisure specialist will open a 16,000 sq ft store in the Autumn, taking over the unit formerly occupied by Outfit.
Refurbishment is underway after changes to the layout were given the green light by planners on June 11.
It will be the first The Range store in Great Yarmouth, the nearest branch being in Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
The Range is a home, leisure, and garden retailer selling products across 16 departments including DIY, kitchen and dining, arts and crafts, furniture and textiles.
The company operates more than 180 stores across the UK and Ireland. The first shop opened in Plymouth in 1989.
- 1 Retired electrician who died in fire at home is named
- 2 'I'm sorry' - Mayor suspended after breaking Covid rules
- 3 Great Yarmouth bakery forced to close after it was 'condemned dangerous'
- 4 Norfolk Day sponsor postpones seaside event over safety concerns
- 5 Inquest adjourned into death of woman who died during cosmetic operation
- 6 'Ripped our hearts out' - Shop owners 'gutted' after burglars strike
- 7 Infections almost double national average in some Yarmouth neighbourhoods
- 8 Head chef whose kitchen burned down leaves restaurant
- 9 Man helped from river after concerns for his safety
- 10 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
Gapton Hall’s 15 retailers include TK Maxx, Boots, Sports Direct, and Greggs.
Outfit, part of Sir Philip Green's Arcadia retail empire, collapsed into administration at the start of December 2020 as a result of coronavirus.
It sold all of the group's brands in out-of-town and city destinations including Top Shop, Dorothy Perkins, Wallis, Miss Selfridge, and Burton.