Plans for third McDonalds in seaside town approved
- Credit: Archant
Plans for a McDonalds restaurant and drive-thru on a supermarket car park have been approved.
The bid to bring another fast food outlet run by the franchise chain to Great Yarmouth brings the total number to three.
The scheme at Asda in Acle New Road is said to create 35 full time and 30 part time jobs, according to the applicant.
In determining the proposal officers at Great Yarmouth Borough Council noted the new restaurant was not near any schools.
Although it was noted it could lead to more traffic queuing in the area a report said the impact was unlikely to be severe.
You may also want to watch:
The restaurant and drive-thu will sweep away 119 parking spaces, although 445 will remain.
It will also involve the reconfiguration of the click-and-collect area.
- 1 Do you recognise this man?
- 2 'It's a big pain' - Third river crossing work leaves businessman frustrated
- 3 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 4 A47 closed due to two-car crash at Acle straight
- 5 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 6 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 7 Acrobats and falcons wow crowds at the Out There Festival
- 8 Inquest begins into death of decorator who died at home
- 9 Historic pub poised for mini-market use bringing 20 jobs
- 10 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
In the papers McDonalds says it is seeking to increase its representation in key locations.
The restaurant will have an outdoor patio and play area, and likely be open 24/7.
Yarmouth already McDonalds restaurants in the town centre and at Gapton Hall retail park.