Plans for third McDonalds in seaside town approved
- Credit: Archant
Plans for a McDonalds restaurant and drive-thru on a supermarket car park have been approved.
The bid to bring another fast food outlet run by the franchise chain to Great Yarmouth brings the total number to three.
The scheme at Asda in Acle New Road is said to create 35 full time and 30 part time jobs, according to the applicant.
In determining the proposal officers at Great Yarmouth Borough Council noted the new restaurant was not near any schools.
Although it was noted it could lead to more traffic queuing in the area a report said the impact was unlikely to be severe.
You may also want to watch:
The restaurant and drive-thu will sweep away 119 parking spaces, although 445 will remain.
It will also involve the reconfiguration of the click-and-collect area.
- 1 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 2 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family
- 3 Drugs factory worker who hid cash under bed must pay back £42k
- 4 'We're going to be rammed' - pubs bracing for weekend revelry
- 5 Plea to find family of 38-year-old Great Yarmouth man
- 6 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
- 7 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 8 Our verdict on the new Giant Wheel on Great Yarmouth seafront
- 9 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 10 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
In the papers McDonalds says it is seeking to increase its representation in key locations.
The restaurant will have an outdoor patio and play area, and likely be open 24/7.
Yarmouth already McDonalds restaurants in the town centre and at Gapton Hall retail park.