Plans for third McDonalds in seaside town approved
- Credit: Archant
Plans for a McDonalds restaurant and drive-thru on a supermarket car park have been approved.
The bid to bring another fast food outlet run by the franchise chain to Great Yarmouth brings the total number to three.
The scheme at Asda in Acle New Road is said to create 35 full time and 30 part time jobs, according to the applicant.
In determining the proposal officers at Great Yarmouth Borough Council noted the new restaurant was not near any schools.
Although it was noted it could lead to more traffic queuing in the area a report said the impact was unlikely to be severe.
You may also want to watch:
The restaurant and drive-thu will sweep away 119 parking spaces, although 445 will remain.
It will also involve the reconfiguration of the click-and-collect area.
- 1 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 2 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 3 Jail for 'Jekyll and Hyde' builder who made customer 'fear for her life'
- 4 Council pay out six claims to drivers after car park ramp damaged vehicles
- 5 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 6 Neighbours oppose off-licence over crime fears
- 7 'Business as usual' as shopping mall enters administration
- 8 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 9 Man, 23, knocked off bike during robbery
- 10 Man in court over Norfolk Broads' boat break-ins during lockdown
In the papers McDonalds says it is seeking to increase its representation in key locations.
The restaurant will have an outdoor patio and play area, and likely be open 24/7.
Yarmouth already McDonalds restaurants in the town centre and at Gapton Hall retail park.