Top award for Yarmouth guest house
THE owners of a Great Yarmouth guest house have beaten off competition from rival businesses across the region to scoop a prestigious award.
Jean and Eddie Minchin, owners of the White Lodge guest house in Marine Crescent, received the Friendliest Award from tourism website eviivo, based on positive reviews from customers on “friendliness.”
The website has details for 4,000 hotels, guest houses and other tourist accommodation across the country, and 10 are chosen for the award from different regions, with the White Lodge receiving the south east award.
For the couple, the award represented recognition for their efforts in refurbishing the 10-bed guest house since taking over the rundown property after moving to Yarmouth from Derbyshire three years ago.
“It makes the hard work all worthwhile,” said Mrs Minchin, who believes the success was due to the number of guests who rebooked to stay, including visitors from America, Canada and New Zealand.
You may also want to watch:
The couple also have their Staffordshire bull terrier dog George, which greets guests at the door.
- 1 Toddler found in car not wearing seatbelt and driver had no licence
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 E-scooter riders clock up 10,000 miles in over two weeks
- 4 Police cracking down on anti-social motorbike riders
- 5 Man died after knife fight with housemate
- 6 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 7 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 8 'What's not to like?' - Waiting list for beach huts as owners return
- 9 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 10 Local pub splashes back into action