Top award for Yarmouth guest house
THE owners of a Great Yarmouth guest house have beaten off competition from rival businesses across the region to scoop a prestigious award.
Jean and Eddie Minchin, owners of the White Lodge guest house in Marine Crescent, received the Friendliest Award from tourism website eviivo, based on positive reviews from customers on “friendliness.”
The website has details for 4,000 hotels, guest houses and other tourist accommodation across the country, and 10 are chosen for the award from different regions, with the White Lodge receiving the south east award.
For the couple, the award represented recognition for their efforts in refurbishing the 10-bed guest house since taking over the rundown property after moving to Yarmouth from Derbyshire three years ago.
“It makes the hard work all worthwhile,” said Mrs Minchin, who believes the success was due to the number of guests who rebooked to stay, including visitors from America, Canada and New Zealand.
You may also want to watch:
The couple also have their Staffordshire bull terrier dog George, which greets guests at the door.
- 1 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 2 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 3 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 4 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 5 Fresh bid to knock down village pub for homes and shops
- 6 Woman missing from residential home found 'safe and well' after search
- 7 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 8 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 9 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 10 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks