Top award for Yarmouth guest house
THE owners of a Great Yarmouth guest house have beaten off competition from rival businesses across the region to scoop a prestigious award.
Jean and Eddie Minchin, owners of the White Lodge guest house in Marine Crescent, received the Friendliest Award from tourism website eviivo, based on positive reviews from customers on “friendliness.”
The website has details for 4,000 hotels, guest houses and other tourist accommodation across the country, and 10 are chosen for the award from different regions, with the White Lodge receiving the south east award.
For the couple, the award represented recognition for their efforts in refurbishing the 10-bed guest house since taking over the rundown property after moving to Yarmouth from Derbyshire three years ago.
“It makes the hard work all worthwhile,” said Mrs Minchin, who believes the success was due to the number of guests who rebooked to stay, including visitors from America, Canada and New Zealand.
You may also want to watch:
The couple also have their Staffordshire bull terrier dog George, which greets guests at the door.
- 1 Police searching for Patricia Holland believe her to be dead
- 2 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 3 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 7 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 8 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 9 Shop to reopen after fire which caused 'significant' damage
- 10 Family ‘desperately worried’ for grandmother missing for five days