Top award for Yarmouth guest house
THE owners of a Great Yarmouth guest house have beaten off competition from rival businesses across the region to scoop a prestigious award.
Jean and Eddie Minchin, owners of the White Lodge guest house in Marine Crescent, received the Friendliest Award from tourism website eviivo, based on positive reviews from customers on “friendliness.”
The website has details for 4,000 hotels, guest houses and other tourist accommodation across the country, and 10 are chosen for the award from different regions, with the White Lodge receiving the south east award.
For the couple, the award represented recognition for their efforts in refurbishing the 10-bed guest house since taking over the rundown property after moving to Yarmouth from Derbyshire three years ago.
“It makes the hard work all worthwhile,” said Mrs Minchin, who believes the success was due to the number of guests who rebooked to stay, including visitors from America, Canada and New Zealand.
You may also want to watch:
The couple also have their Staffordshire bull terrier dog George, which greets guests at the door.
- 1 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 2 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 3 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 4 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 Myleene Klass reveals heartbreak of miscarriage while on live radio
- 7 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 8 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 10 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting