Top award for Yarmouth guest house
THE owners of a Great Yarmouth guest house have beaten off competition from rival businesses across the region to scoop a prestigious award.
Jean and Eddie Minchin, owners of the White Lodge guest house in Marine Crescent, received the Friendliest Award from tourism website eviivo, based on positive reviews from customers on “friendliness.”
The website has details for 4,000 hotels, guest houses and other tourist accommodation across the country, and 10 are chosen for the award from different regions, with the White Lodge receiving the south east award.
For the couple, the award represented recognition for their efforts in refurbishing the 10-bed guest house since taking over the rundown property after moving to Yarmouth from Derbyshire three years ago.
“It makes the hard work all worthwhile,” said Mrs Minchin, who believes the success was due to the number of guests who rebooked to stay, including visitors from America, Canada and New Zealand.
You may also want to watch:
The couple also have their Staffordshire bull terrier dog George, which greets guests at the door.
- 1 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 2 Airport-style security coming to seafront club amid spiking fears
- 3 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water
- 6 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 7 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 8 Driver fined for drifting off road and hitting fence
- 9 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 10 Schoolchildren driving Covid rates across Yarmouth