Uber Eats launches in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
Uber Eats, a food delivery service, has launched in Great Yarmouth.
The app allows people order food at the touch of a button, using an application or a web browser.
Restaurants signed up to the service include the McDonalds franchises on Regent Road and Purley Court, FishOlicious, Istanbul Kebab, Malesia E Madhe and Lekthai Thai restaurant.
Meals are delivered by couriers using motorcycles, scooters or bicycles.
The standard fee for delivery from McDonalds is £3.50.
You may also want to watch:
Deliveries can be tracked through the app.
People in the area have been able to order food using the service since Thursday (April 25).
- 1 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 2 Mystery mural found in back street sparks hunt for artist
- 3 Fire breaks out at care home in the Broads
- 4 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 5 Bank says branch still open after 'ominous' sign appears
- 6 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 7 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 Pressure grows for fixed date for schools to re-open
- 10 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
The launch will mean competition for JustEat, the UK-based food delivery platform already operating in the seaside town.
The app is free to download and available on Apple and Android handsets.