Uber Eats launches in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
Uber Eats, a food delivery service, has launched in Great Yarmouth.
The app allows people order food at the touch of a button, using an application or a web browser.
Restaurants signed up to the service include the McDonalds franchises on Regent Road and Purley Court, FishOlicious, Istanbul Kebab, Malesia E Madhe and Lekthai Thai restaurant.
Meals are delivered by couriers using motorcycles, scooters or bicycles.
The standard fee for delivery from McDonalds is £3.50.
Deliveries can be tracked through the app.
People in the area have been able to order food using the service since Thursday (April 25).
- 1 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
- 2 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 3 Rescue hope for iconic hotel declared 'at risk' by national body
- 4 'A slow down' - Estate agent says housing supply is hitting market
- 5 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 6 Wimbledon wild card Olivia through to second round in ladies doubles
- 7 What the census tells us about Great Yarmouth
- 8 Body part investigation continues in Great Yarmouth
- 9 Renewed bid to bulldoze 'ugly mess' country pub for homes
- 10 More than half say lights 'too tacky' for Gorleston
The launch will mean competition for JustEat, the UK-based food delivery platform already operating in the seaside town.
The app is free to download and available on Apple and Android handsets.