Uber Eats launches in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
Uber Eats, a food delivery service, has launched in Great Yarmouth.
The app allows people order food at the touch of a button, using an application or a web browser.
Restaurants signed up to the service include the McDonalds franchises on Regent Road and Purley Court, FishOlicious, Istanbul Kebab, Malesia E Madhe and Lekthai Thai restaurant.
Meals are delivered by couriers using motorcycles, scooters or bicycles.
The standard fee for delivery from McDonalds is £3.50.
You may also want to watch:
Deliveries can be tracked through the app.
People in the area have been able to order food using the service since Thursday (April 25).
- 1 Plea to find family of 38-year-old Great Yarmouth man
- 2 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 3 Drugs factory worker who hid cash under bed must pay back £42k
- 4 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 5 'We're going to be rammed' - pubs bracing for weekend revelry
- 6 Our verdict on the new Giant Wheel on Great Yarmouth seafront
- 7 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 8 The Last Post - knitted tribute to Prince Philip pops up in village
- 9 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
- 10 Walk-in vaccine clinics cancelled following influx of bookings
The launch will mean competition for JustEat, the UK-based food delivery platform already operating in the seaside town.
The app is free to download and available on Apple and Android handsets.