Uber Eats launches in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
Uber Eats, a food delivery service, has launched in Great Yarmouth.
The app allows people order food at the touch of a button, using an application or a web browser.
Restaurants signed up to the service include the McDonalds franchises on Regent Road and Purley Court, FishOlicious, Istanbul Kebab, Malesia E Madhe and Lekthai Thai restaurant.
Meals are delivered by couriers using motorcycles, scooters or bicycles.
The standard fee for delivery from McDonalds is £3.50.
You may also want to watch:
Deliveries can be tracked through the app.
People in the area have been able to order food using the service since Thursday (April 25).
- 1 Weekly fireworks making 'spectacular' return to seafront
- 2 Gas worker on meter round stumbles on cannabis factory with 90 plants
- 3 Motorcyclist in hospital with serious injuries after crash
- 4 Live music returning to Great Yarmouth seafront
- 5 Free 'interview haircuts' for jobseekers in coastal town
- 6 Bid for grocery store in end-of-terrace house
- 7 Traders look back on devastating Great Yarmouth fire
- 8 Appeal to find missing man from Gorleston
- 9 TV presenter Stephen Mulhern spotted filming pop-up game show in Yarmouth
- 10 Jailed in July: Drug dealing, knife crime and manslaughter
The launch will mean competition for JustEat, the UK-based food delivery platform already operating in the seaside town.
The app is free to download and available on Apple and Android handsets.