Uber Eats launches in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
Uber Eats, a food delivery service, has launched in Great Yarmouth.
The app allows people order food at the touch of a button, using an application or a web browser.
Restaurants signed up to the service include the McDonalds franchises on Regent Road and Purley Court, FishOlicious, Istanbul Kebab, Malesia E Madhe and Lekthai Thai restaurant.
Meals are delivered by couriers using motorcycles, scooters or bicycles.
The standard fee for delivery from McDonalds is £3.50.
Deliveries can be tracked through the app.
People in the area have been able to order food using the service since Thursday (April 25).
- 1 Bid for superbike warehouse bringing up to 30 new jobs
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed
- 4 Gorleston murder accused refuses to leave cell for court hearing
- 5 Drug dealers and shoplifters to be targeted by police
- 6 'Adored' teaching assistant retiring after more than three decades
- 7 Tesco granted licence to sell alcohol from pub site
- 8 Christmas magic comes to Gorleston
- 9 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 10 Market place parking 'amnesty' to tackle school run chaos
The launch will mean competition for JustEat, the UK-based food delivery platform already operating in the seaside town.
The app is free to download and available on Apple and Android handsets.