What can stay open in the new lockdown?
- Credit: Archant
Firms and stores offering essential services and goods can remain open under the government's Covid rules.
Also, the majority of public services will continue and people will be able to leave home to visit them.
Businesses allowed to remain open include:
Essential retail such as food shops, supermarkets, pharmacies, garden centres, building merchants and suppliers of building products and off-licences
Market stalls selling essential retail
Businesses providing repair services
Petrol stations, automatic (but not manual) car washes, vehicle repair and MOT services, bicycle shops, and taxi and vehicle hire businesses
- 1 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 2 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 3 New wave of beach huts snapped up in Gorleston
- 4 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 5 Rogue builder's victims say home is 'finally watertight' one year on
- 6 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 7 Head teacher: 'It's not true that nobody from Great Yarmouth goes to uni'
- 8 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 9 Mystery mural found in back street sparks hunt for artist
- 10 Community garden to close permanently due to Covid funding crisis
Banks, building societies, post offices, short-term loan providers and money transfer businesses
Laundrettes and dry cleaners
Medical and dental services
Vets and retailers of products and food for the upkeep and welfare of animals
Animal rescue centres, boarding facilities and animal groomers (may continue to be used for animal welfare, rather than aesthetic purposes)
Agricultural supplies shops
Mobility and disability support shops
Storage and distribution facilities
Car parks, public toilets and motorway service areas
Outdoor parts of botanical gardens and heritage sites for exercise
Estate agents; see here for more advice
Places of worship
Crematoriums and burial grounds
Public services include:
The NHS and medical services like GPs and dentists.
Jobcentre Plus sites
Courts and probation services
Civil registrations offices
Passport and visa services
Services provided to victims
Waste or recycling centres
Getting an MOT, if you need to drive when lawfully leaving home