Yarmouth casino set to close
STAFF working at a Great Yarmouth Casino face losing their jobs after it’s closure was announced today.
Mint Casino, in Theatre Plain, is due to shut it doors following a business review by owners Genting Casinos Group.
The GMB Union, which represents employees at the casino, is calling for urgent talks with the company about the potential redundancies.
Other of the company’s casinos are set to close in Manchester and Leicester, but staff have been offered alternative jobs locally. Workers at the Yarmouth club have been told they will need to move to other parts of the country to retain their jobs.
GMB national casinos organiser Adrian Baker, said, “The staff affected at both the Manchester and Leicester sites will have the opportunity to be redeployed within the company locally.
You may also want to watch:
“However, the company has made clear that redeployment is not an option for those employed in Yarmouth.
“The Yarmouth staff have shown the same dedication, loyalty and commitment to Genting. GMB is seeking talks on all the options open for these staff including relocation to others parts of the country and decent severance arrangements for those who lose their jobs.”
- 1 Historic seaside pub reveals £60,000 B&B rooms
- 2 Barber seeks sender of anonymous gift to say 'thank you'
- 3 A47 reopens after crash on Acle Straight
- 4 Homeowner punched and kicked after finding burglar stealing items from shed
- 5 'We'll survive' - Town market traders hopeful as £5.3m work begins
- 6 Vandals force knitters to remove 22 yarn bombs from village
- 7 Third Subway looks set to open in town
- 8 Towering garden tipi proves a hit with al fresco drinkers
- 9 Local pub splashes back into action
- 10 Warning not to be 'gull-ible' as lockdown lifting could see birds' return