Yarmouth casino set to close
STAFF working at a Great Yarmouth Casino face losing their jobs after it’s closure was announced today.
Mint Casino, in Theatre Plain, is due to shut it doors following a business review by owners Genting Casinos Group.
The GMB Union, which represents employees at the casino, is calling for urgent talks with the company about the potential redundancies.
Other of the company’s casinos are set to close in Manchester and Leicester, but staff have been offered alternative jobs locally. Workers at the Yarmouth club have been told they will need to move to other parts of the country to retain their jobs.
GMB national casinos organiser Adrian Baker, said, “The staff affected at both the Manchester and Leicester sites will have the opportunity to be redeployed within the company locally.
You may also want to watch:
“However, the company has made clear that redeployment is not an option for those employed in Yarmouth.
“The Yarmouth staff have shown the same dedication, loyalty and commitment to Genting. GMB is seeking talks on all the options open for these staff including relocation to others parts of the country and decent severance arrangements for those who lose their jobs.”
- 1 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 2 Do you recognise this man?
- 3 Out There Festival 2021 begins today
- 4 'It's a big pain' - Third river crossing work leaves businessman frustrated
- 5 Trainee probation officer shared intimate photos with convicted murderer
- 6 Ex-Charter Academy head known for discipline causing stir in new role
- 7 Can you spot yourself at Great Yarmouth Ladies Day?
- 8 'I'm totally shocked' - metal railings stolen from Gorleston home
- 9 Sisters realise late parents' dream by opening coffee shop
- 10 Children’s commissioner opens expanding school’s £7m new building