Yarmouth firm honoured with third consecutive industry award
- Credit: Supplied
A Yarmouth firm which provides hammer services to install conductors and drive piles, has been awarded its third consecutive industry award.
Conductor Installation Services Ltd (CIS) has been given its third Gold Medal for Occupational Health and Safety from the UK’s Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA).
CIS, based at Beacon Park, completed its 11th consecutive year of operation without an accident or a lost time incident. In recognition of this accomplishment, RoSPA awarded CIS with the accolade.
James Chadd, CIS Group managing director, said: “The award of this third consecutive Gold Medal is a real testament to the CIS team and its ongoing dedication to safe working practices.
“It illustrates how vigilant all company personnel are, whether working offshore, onshore or in an office environment.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s deeply ingrained in the CIS culture, and we’re extremely proud of that.”
The RoSPA Awards criteria takes into consideration not only accident records, but the entrant’s overall health and safety management systems, recognising practices, such as strong leadership and workforce involvement. For CIS, this means that the company demonstrates outstanding commitment to protecting the health and safety of its employees and customers.
- 1 Ghostly photos show deserted Yarmouth in lockdown
- 2 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 5 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 6 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 7 Council pay out six claims to drivers after car park ramp damaged vehicles
- 8 Firearms collector, 72, jailed for having illegal shotgun and pistol
- 9 Inquest rules 'witty and strong-willed' 26-year-old's death accidental
- 10 Neighbours oppose off-licence over crime fears
CIS, a member of Acteon’s Seabed Foundation Technologies group, provides conductor and pile installation services associated with construction projects carried out in the global oil and gas industry. These services are carried out both onshore and offshore to, for example, create foundations for new wells, platforms, bridges and jetties.