Yarmouth firm honoured with third consecutive industry award
- Credit: Supplied
A Yarmouth firm which provides hammer services to install conductors and drive piles, has been awarded its third consecutive industry award.
Conductor Installation Services Ltd (CIS) has been given its third Gold Medal for Occupational Health and Safety from the UK’s Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA).
CIS, based at Beacon Park, completed its 11th consecutive year of operation without an accident or a lost time incident. In recognition of this accomplishment, RoSPA awarded CIS with the accolade.
James Chadd, CIS Group managing director, said: “The award of this third consecutive Gold Medal is a real testament to the CIS team and its ongoing dedication to safe working practices.
“It illustrates how vigilant all company personnel are, whether working offshore, onshore or in an office environment.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s deeply ingrained in the CIS culture, and we’re extremely proud of that.”
The RoSPA Awards criteria takes into consideration not only accident records, but the entrant’s overall health and safety management systems, recognising practices, such as strong leadership and workforce involvement. For CIS, this means that the company demonstrates outstanding commitment to protecting the health and safety of its employees and customers.
- 1 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 2 E-scooter riders clock up 10,000 miles in over two weeks
- 3 Toddler found in car not wearing seatbelt and driver had no licence
- 4 'What's not to like?' - Waiting list for beach huts as owners return
- 5 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 6 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 7 Fight back against plans for supermarket 'in wrong place' on A47
- 8 A47 closed after crash as oil and debris cleared up
- 9 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on
- 10 7 things you may have missed in Great Yarmouth since lockdown
CIS, a member of Acteon’s Seabed Foundation Technologies group, provides conductor and pile installation services associated with construction projects carried out in the global oil and gas industry. These services are carried out both onshore and offshore to, for example, create foundations for new wells, platforms, bridges and jetties.