Yarmouth Stores set for move
- Credit: Archant
A shop which has been selling workwear for more than one hundred years is in line for a move.
Yarmouth Stores, currently based in South Quay, Great Yarmouth, will relocate to Kirklands House in Main Cross Road in the “near future”, its boss has confirmed.
Chief executive of Yarmouth Stores, Simon Palmer, said the move is part of the next steps the company is taking to grow the business.
He said the news is “extremely positive” and will ensure there is a more extensive range of clothing available to customers.
Mr Palmer said the shop would be moving into a bigger premises in the near future and work on the relocation had already started.
You may also want to watch:
The store sells a variety of workwear from boilersuits to safety boots.
Just two Yarmouth Stores branches remain after its shop in Plymouth closed two years ago.
- 1 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 2 Ghostly photos show deserted Yarmouth in lockdown
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 Council pay out six claims to drivers after car park ramp damaged vehicles
- 5 Neighbours oppose off-licence over crime fears
- 6 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 7 Norfolk-based Brexit Party founder punished for Covid protest
- 8 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 9 Firearms collector, 72, jailed for having illegal shotgun and pistol
- 10 Drug dealer who targeted young people in Great Yarmouth jailed
The shop in Lowestoft can be found in Bevan St East.
For more information visit its website here.