Yarmouth Stores set for move
- Credit: Archant
A shop which has been selling workwear for more than one hundred years is in line for a move.
Yarmouth Stores, currently based in South Quay, Great Yarmouth, will relocate to Kirklands House in Main Cross Road in the “near future”, its boss has confirmed.
Chief executive of Yarmouth Stores, Simon Palmer, said the move is part of the next steps the company is taking to grow the business.
He said the news is “extremely positive” and will ensure there is a more extensive range of clothing available to customers.
Mr Palmer said the shop would be moving into a bigger premises in the near future and work on the relocation had already started.
You may also want to watch:
The store sells a variety of workwear from boilersuits to safety boots.
Just two Yarmouth Stores branches remain after its shop in Plymouth closed two years ago.
- 1 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 2 E-scooter riders clock up 10,000 miles in over two weeks
- 3 Toddler found in car not wearing seatbelt and driver had no licence
- 4 'What's not to like?' - Waiting list for beach huts as owners return
- 5 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 6 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 7 Fight back against plans for supermarket 'in wrong place' on A47
- 8 A47 closed after crash as oil and debris cleared up
- 9 7 things you may have missed in Great Yarmouth since lockdown
- 10 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on
The shop in Lowestoft can be found in Bevan St East.
For more information visit its website here.