Great Yarmouth charity shop reopening this week
- Credit: Archant
A YMCA charity shop in Great Yarmouth will reopen this week.
After more than 12 weeks of being closed for business, the outlet in Market Gates shopping centre will throw open its doors again on Friday (June 26).
Once doors are officially open donations are welcome, and if donors have any questions or concerns before dropping items off, the shop has asked people to call ahead.
One challenge that the current crisis has created is that YMCA has fewer volunteers than before, the charity has said.
Alongside donations, staff are now also appealing for volunteers to help them get back up and running.
You may also want to watch:
Across all of its reopened stores, YMCA will be adhering to government guidelines with additional cleaning and social distancing measures, alongside hand gel stations at each entrance to ensure a safe environment for customers and colleagues.
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 4 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 5 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 6 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 7 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 8 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 9 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed