Great Yarmouth charity shop reopening this week
- Credit: Archant
A YMCA charity shop in Great Yarmouth will reopen this week.
After more than 12 weeks of being closed for business, the outlet in Market Gates shopping centre will throw open its doors again on Friday (June 26).
Once doors are officially open donations are welcome, and if donors have any questions or concerns before dropping items off, the shop has asked people to call ahead.
One challenge that the current crisis has created is that YMCA has fewer volunteers than before, the charity has said.
Alongside donations, staff are now also appealing for volunteers to help them get back up and running.
You may also want to watch:
Across all of its reopened stores, YMCA will be adhering to government guidelines with additional cleaning and social distancing measures, alongside hand gel stations at each entrance to ensure a safe environment for customers and colleagues.
- 1 Toddler found in car not wearing seatbelt and driver had no licence
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 E-scooter riders clock up 10,000 miles in over two weeks
- 4 Police cracking down on anti-social motorbike riders
- 5 Man died after knife fight with housemate
- 6 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 7 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 8 'What's not to like?' - Waiting list for beach huts as owners return
- 9 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 10 Local pub splashes back into action