Busy few days for Broads lifeboat
IT has been a busy few days for the South Broads Lifeboat.Following on from their callout last week, the lifeboat was again called out a further two times in the space of three days.
IT has been a busy few days for the South Broads Lifeboat.
Following on from their callout last week, the lifeboat was again called out a further two times in the space of three days.
On Saturday the South Broads 4x4 was mobilised to reports of a person in the water at Reedham, however it was stood down within minutes of the launch request.
Yesterday the Broads inshore lifeboat, Lord Kitchener, was launched to aid a man who had fallen into Broadlands Holiday Village marina. The casualty was found floating near to the quay heading, where an observant local had got a lifebuoy to him.
You may also want to watch:
The inshore lifeboat crew managed to collect the man safely and transferred him into the hands of a waiting ambulance crew at a nearby slipway. With the man safe, albeit rather cold with a few minor cuts, the lifeboat returned to station, being refuelled and ready for service by 9.20am.
The Royal National Lifeboat Institution is a registered charity that saves lives at sea. Set up in 1824 it provides an on call, 24-hour lifeboat search and rescue service, both off the coast and on inland waterways. In 2007 the RNLI saved on average 21 people daily, at an approximate cost of �339,000 per day.
- 1 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 3 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 4 What's opening in Great Yarmouth from May 17?
- 5 Covid jab centre receives additional vaccination stocks
- 6 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 7 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 8 Historical clock restored after sitting in cellar for 60 years
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Man dies after being found unresponsive in car at retail park