Busy few days for Broads lifeboat
IT has been a busy few days for the South Broads Lifeboat.Following on from their callout last week, the lifeboat was again called out a further two times in the space of three days.
IT has been a busy few days for the South Broads Lifeboat.
Following on from their callout last week, the lifeboat was again called out a further two times in the space of three days.
On Saturday the South Broads 4x4 was mobilised to reports of a person in the water at Reedham, however it was stood down within minutes of the launch request.
Yesterday the Broads inshore lifeboat, Lord Kitchener, was launched to aid a man who had fallen into Broadlands Holiday Village marina. The casualty was found floating near to the quay heading, where an observant local had got a lifebuoy to him.
You may also want to watch:
The inshore lifeboat crew managed to collect the man safely and transferred him into the hands of a waiting ambulance crew at a nearby slipway. With the man safe, albeit rather cold with a few minor cuts, the lifeboat returned to station, being refuelled and ready for service by 9.20am.
The Royal National Lifeboat Institution is a registered charity that saves lives at sea. Set up in 1824 it provides an on call, 24-hour lifeboat search and rescue service, both off the coast and on inland waterways. In 2007 the RNLI saved on average 21 people daily, at an approximate cost of �339,000 per day.
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 3 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 4 Covid on the coast: Record high for July but case numbers dipping
- 5 'Nobody wants the responsibility' - Town's public art collection for sale
- 6 Man denies raping woman in flat above fast food outlet
- 7 'Unbelievable grief' - Friend plans memorial garden for Gorleston woman
- 8 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found