Busy village road will be closed for two weeks
- Credit: Supplied
A busy road will be closed for two weeks while work on a drainage scheme for a new housing development takes place.
Norfolk County Council has made a Temporary Traffic Order affecting Martham Road from its junction with North Road for a distance of 100m (109 yards) westwards because of new development drainage scheme work for Norfolk Homes.
The road will be temporarily closed (except for access) from Thursday, March 31 to Thursday, April 14 for the duration of the works, expected to be about 15 days within the period.
The diversion route is via Martham Road/Hemsby Road, White Street/Somerton Road/Martham Road, Horsey Road/Dark Lane/Winterton Road/Somerton Road/Bulmer Lane/Hemsby Road/Winterton Road/Kingsway, Yarmouth Road/Waters Lane. (Hemsby/Martham/East Somerton/Winterton on Sea).
There is a penalty of a maximum of £1,000 for any contravention of the order, on conviction and/or endorsement.
In the event of the start date being delayed the new start date will be displayed on site in advance.
If necessary the restriction could run for a maximum period of 18 months from the date of the order.
- 1 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 2 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 3 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 4 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 5 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 6 Cyclists embark on challenge from Gorleston to London
- 7 Investigations continue after body part of man found on Yarmouth beach
- 8 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 9 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 10 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
During the works the orders states that the road shall not be used by any type of vehicle.