By-election for Great Yarmouth Borough Council seat
A THREE-way fight has begun for the Great Yarmouth Borough Council seat left vacant following the death of Conservative councillor Mike Butcher last month.
Conservative councillor Mike Butcher last month.
Nominations have been received for the Bradwell South and Hopton Ward by-election taking place on Thursday, October 20.
The three candidates are: Colin Aldred of Groomes Close, Hopton, UK Independence ; Martin Plane of Mill Lane, Bradwell, Conservative; Hilary Wainwright of Lapwing Close, Bradwell, Labour.
Three polling stations are being used for this election; the Communal Room at The Close, Bradwell; the Leo Coles Pavilion, Green Lane, Bradwell; and the Village Hall at Hopton.
The hours of poll are from 7am until 10pm
Anyone can apply for a postal vote if they are away on the day of the election.
- 1 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 2 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 3 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 4 Village gets together to repair empty home for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 6 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 7 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 8 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 9 Consultant maps his medical journey
- 10 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
The deadline for submitting a postal vote application is 5pm on Wednesday, October 5.
Further details on registering to vote are available from the elections team at Great Yarmouth Borough Council.
Contact them via email, firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone, 01493 846327