Cadbury family death
THE death has been announced of Robin Cadbury, on October 29, at the age of 83. The Cadbury name is, of course, extremely distinguished, especially in Gorleston.
THE death has been announced of Robin Cadbury, on October 29, at the age of 83.
The Cadbury name is, of course, extremely distinguished, especially in Gorleston. Sir Egbert Cadbury, the uncle of Robin Cadbury, had an illustrious career in the Royal Flying Corps during the first world war and had the distinction of being the only pilot who ever shot down two Zeppelins.
For these exploits, he was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross and ultimately the Distinguished Flying Cross. He was based on the South Denes at Great Yarmouth and married the daughter of the then Vicar of Gorleston, the Rev Forbes-Phillips.
About 40 years ago, Sir Egbert Cadbury flew low over Gorleston Churchyard and dropped a leather purse containing 500 gold sovereigns, a donation to the Church.
You may also want to watch:
A thanksgiving service for the life of Robin Cadbury will be held on Monday at noon at St Francis of Assisi Church, Bournville. A private funeral has already taken place.
- 1 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 2 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 4 What's opening in Great Yarmouth from May 17?
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 7 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 8 Man charged with having more than 220,000 indecent images of children
- 9 Man dies after being found unresponsive in car at retail park
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray