Caister carnival ready to roll
CAISTER Carnival takes to the streets on Sunday and it's hoped the day will raise hundreds of pounds for local charities.The theme this year is Pantomimes and Nursery Rhymes and the response has been very good, reports the organisers Norfolk Broads Lions Club.
CAISTER Carnival takes to the streets on Sunday and it's hoped the day will raise hundreds of pounds for local charities.
The theme this year is Pantomimes and Nursery Rhymes and the response has been very good, reports the organisers Norfolk Broads Lions Club.
The parade of floats and walkers will be leaving Halt Road at 1.30pm, led by the Norwich Pipe Band, and will wind its way to the King George V Playing Field for the grand fete.
The floats and walking entrants will be judged on arrival by Lions President Stephen Pyzer and his wife Christine, who will have already officially opened the fete at noon.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a wide variety of stalls manned by many local volunteer organisations and the Lions are asking people to give them support in raising funds for their activities.
In the Arena there will be a full programme of events: Wroxham Dog Agility Group will be giving a display, as will the Phoenix Karate Club and The Kite Flyers. During the afternoon there will be a marching display by Norwich Pipe Band and local marching groups.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Bid for new affordable homes on 'eyesore' site in Gorleston
- 3 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Mother-of-two takes over slumber party business
- 5 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 7 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 8 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 9 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds
- 10 N-Dubz themed bottomless brunch announced for Norfolk
The borough council's “Snug” children's play facility will be open throughout the fete and all children can use this supervised play event.
There will be refreshments available both on the field and also with the Air Cadets and Scouts and there is ample parking space on the field, with Caister Air Cadets providing parking assistance.
Norfolk Broads Lions Club will be manning a recruitment tent, an opportunity for men and women to find out more about what the club does and how to join. The successful “Message in a Bottle” scheme will also be available.
A Lions spokesman said: “This is the one occasion in this growing village of ours when we can support local volunteers, have a great fun time and enjoy.”